The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Garage King" 2013 Boss 302 Past and Future

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently realized that the 10th Anniversary of picking up our 2013 Boss 302 is just a few weeks away. It is hard to believe it has been 10 years. I joined this site when it was "Boss Mustangs Online" and most of the discussion was just around various Boss 302 topics, and not as much track talk.

The Boss has 13,600 miles, never rained on. Completely stock except for the Ford Racing GT500 cat -back, and the original boat anchor exhaust is stored away safely.

The first few years we did about 10 track days, but a few years ago we moved and the closest road course is now 5+ hours away. The Boss is a garage king. We take it out once every few weeks for a hour's drive when roads allow, or a longer drive on the great mountain roads here in CO, but mostly he lives under cover in the heated garage.

The Boss never fails to put a smile on our faces. It has been the perfect car for when we need a car fix, and we plan keeping it until we can no longer drive, hopefully 20+ more years, knock on wood. Heck, it still has the original battery! It has never given us a moment of trouble. The values seem to be rising now, so it really isn't costing us much to keep it in the garage. With the sticker prices of even "normal" cars now, it would make no sense to get rid of such a fun car. $5.00/gallon premium really doesn't hurt that much when you are only driving a thousand or two miles a year.

I'm going to flush the coolant and brake/clutch lines, and change trans and diff oils this summer. Anything else I should do? Engine oil is every year regardless of miles, we have never put more than 2K on it in a calendar year. I used to change it after every track day as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel