The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Garage Photo thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man, I would love to have a lift in the Man Cave. Ceilings are way to low.

Here are a couple of ours before a slight re-model. Re-model included replacing the Saleen pictured with the new Hot Rod. Some may spot my "other" hobby. LOL.

DSC_0008_zpseabf92b8.jpg

DSC_0017_zpsb5ac0f99.jpg

Bay Area
JB said:
I realized the site I linked requires an account to view pics. I uploaded a few so they can be seen here. Its a 24 x32 detached with a 3/4 width loft. The ceiling is vaulted in the other 1/4 for lift headroom. The door on the lift bay opens along the roof pitch so I can have a car or truck lifted at full height with the door open. The 4 post lift has 2 bridge jacks on it so I can lift the car off the ramps to remove the wheels etc.

8730089106_76b7595843_z.jpg
WP_20130507_002 by ny55oval, on Flickr

8728969199_1d5d1329a7_z.jpg
WP_20130507_001 by ny55oval, on Flickr

8730046726_1fb3ce91f5_z.jpg
WP_20130302_001 by ny55oval, on Flickr

8728927361_d49425d2bf_z.jpg
WP_20130117_002 by ny55oval, on Flickr

I would say I hate you But that white stuff on the ground makes me feel sorry for you. Now I will have to post my crappy garage.

mardis said:
Man, I would love to have a lift in the Man Cave. Ceilings are way to low.

Here are a couple of ours before a slight re-model. Re-model included replacing the Saleen pictured with the new Hot Rod. Some may spot my "other" hobby. LOL.

DSC_0008_zpseabf92b8.jpg

DSC_0017_zpsb5ac0f99.jpg

Don't have to look very far to "spot" your other hobby. A lot of us have that hobby too. Nice signs and taps as well!

Just finished Garage renovations. 2012 LS#222 and 1990 Cobra now in suitable accommodations !

photo2.jpg
[/URL]][/img]

NOLIMIT...I have 11.5' ceilings and I was thinking about a 2 post lift, but I think a 4-post might be easier for now. My concern is that I won't be able to have a car up on the lift so I can store a car underneath it as well and still get my garage door up. I can't figure out from your pictures how you get your garage door up with the car up on the lift.

Top car fits no problem. The hoist and top car are positioned so there is no conflict with the door or tracks my garage is 28' deep so I have some room to put Hoist where I want.
The top car is set back to where the door when raised comes about a ft from the windshield so the hood is underneath the door when up.
My door is sitting around 8'10" about 1' below my ceiling with 11.5' ceiling u shouldn't have any trouble unless your garage door tracks are low, then you could always extend them higher towards ceiling.
I would definitely go with the 4 post lift over the 2 post.

If I remember right, my garage is 21' deep. I wrench on my Boss and 2 first gen Firebirds quite a bit, so I thought a 2 post might be better.

jlwdvm said:
If I remember right, my garage is 21' deep. I wrench on my Boss and 2 first gen Firebirds quite a bit, so I thought a 2 post might be better.

The 4 Post I bought is 169 inches long and 101 inches wide post to post + 12 inches for the Hoist motor on one post, and 36 inches for the ramps that are only there when your putting a car on the Hoist. here are the Specs for my Hoist.

photo3.jpg

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
This is one of the problems of military life. By the time I get it to my liking, time to move. That or I'm renting, like here in CA, so I can't do much.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ufnavy06 said:
This is one of the problems of military life. By the time I get it to my liking, time to move. That or I'm renting, like here in CA, so I can't do much.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
yeah I know what you mean I havent bought a house because the market if all over the place and I dont want to be stuck with a house payment if it doesnt sell.

TMO Supporting Vendors