The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Garage Tire Storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I am moving in a month to a much smaller house and the good part is the garge is 100 sq ft bigger but it must store much more stuff that was once in bedrooms. Which brings me to find a good off the floor storage for my slicks and in the future skinnes. So far this is the best I have found as its adjustable and holds a lot of weight. Any reason I shouldnt buy this one?

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/heavy-duty+wall+mounted+tire+storage+rack.do?sortby=ourPicks

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
texasmustang65 said:
I have the same thing, but bought it through tirerack.com a few months ago. I love it, it works great for storing the track tires.
Ditto.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I have the same style tire holder made out of wood and attached to my rafters. I periodically rotated the tires so they would not get flat spotted from sitting in one spot for too long of a time.

The 2 X 4's that the tires rest on is also mounted at an angle so the tires don't sit on the edge of the wood.

I ended up buying some plywood and laid it on the wood so the tires could lay on their side. I got tired of spinning the tires around.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
yeah I would make one out of wood except I dont have any wood working tools so the buy in cost wouldnt be worth it as I would spend money to save money then end up needing to store more tools lol. When I say this place is small I mean small. going from 1800 square feet to 750 one bedroom a living room and a kitchen but the garage is 345 square feet up from the 215 square feet garage I have now.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Justin said:
yeah I would make one out of wood except I dont have any wood working tools so the buy in cost wouldnt be worth it as I would spend money to save money then end up needing to store more tools lol. When I say this place is small I mean small. going from 1800 square feet to 750 one bedroom a living room and a kitchen but the garage is 345 square feet up from the 215 square feet garage I have now.

The neighborhood handyman made mine-designed it, and used his own tools and wood.

He also made a set of car ramps.

Justin said:
I am moving in a month to a much smaller house and the good part is the garge is 100 sq ft bigger but it must store much more stuff that was once in bedrooms. Which brings me to find a good off the floor storage for my slicks and in the future skinnes. So far this is the best I have found as its adjustable and holds a lot of weight. Any reason I shouldnt buy this one?

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/heavy-duty+wall+mounted+tire+storage+rack.do?sortby=ourPicks

That's a great link. I was actually asking my wife a few hours ago, what she thought about me building a wooden box to store my wheels in. It would have to built outside our house. That rack just might fit in our garage.

TMO Supporting Vendors