The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gary, here is the Conti's after this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolecailey said:
Gary, I talked to Greg and he is going to get me hooked up. One more question, I am toying with a square setup and was wondering if you thought the 305s would work on the front without rubbing. It will be on 18x10 +42 Forgestar F14 rims.

Thanks,

Cole
I am pretty sure some of the race teams are running a 305 on an 18 x 10 BBS wheel with a 1/4" spacer. I went out and measured my 305s at 11-3/4" on a 10.5" wheel. They might narrow a bit on a 10.5. The 285 Nitto I have run on my 18 x 9.5 35mm offset fronts measures 11.22" and leaves almost an inch to the strut. Depending on the offset of your wheels, it seems like it should work. With some camber it should clear the fender.

Thanks again Gary. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I really just love how neutral the car handles in stock form and can't decide if possibly mucking it up is worth the risk of a square setup and a stiffer front sway bar for tire rotation.

bolecailey said:
Thanks again Gary. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I really just love how neutral the car handles in stock form and can't decide if possibly mucking it up is worth the risk of a square setup and a stiffer front sway bar for tire rotation.
No problem. A friend stopped by this weekend and was looking at the Confiscated and couldn't believe how good they looked. He said they looked lime they only used them for a qualifying session. To complicate your decision, you could just buy 6 285s and 4 305s at this price and run staggered :D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel