The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gas Mileage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
I must be doing something wrong. ;D The absolute best I've ever seen is 16.5 and I'm usually around 13.5 with the black key, 12.5 with the red one and 7.5 on the track. That said, I don't do any sustained highway driving since the Boss is generally riding in a trailer on the highway.

I'm with you, I only get around 13 with the red key. I don't use the black key but can't imagine getting over 20 with it unless I was on a long roadtrip.

I'm getting 16-18mpg around town (Dallas suburbs). Haven't done any long highway trips.

I've found the mpg readout to be a bit pessimistic. I always get slightly better mpg than the readout says, about 3%.

MrGT5oh said:
cloud9 said:
I must be doing something wrong. ;D The absolute best I've ever seen is 16.5 and I'm usually around 13.5 with the black key, 12.5 with the red one and 7.5 on the track. That said, I don't do any sustained highway driving since the Boss is generally riding in a trailer on the highway.

I'm with you, I only get around 13 with the red key. I don't use the black key but can't imagine getting over 20 with it unless I was on a long roadtrip.

I haven't really seen a significant difference in mileage between the two keys. The more highway driving, the better the gas mileage with either key.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel