The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gas Prices Poll and complaint Thread

How will high gas prices effect your driving habits

• Drive Less

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Drive the same

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No effect until they hit $5 a gallon

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No effect until they hit $6 a gallon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No effect until they hit $7 a gallon

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok here's your chance to vent about higher gas prices. Please keep it civil and try and keep politics out of the discussion. :eek:

Higher gas prices stink and there is currently no reason for it other than trader specuation driven by what's going on in the Middle East. The higher prices won't effect my driving habits other than getting mad when filling up my car. Are the higher prices going to effect your driving habits?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I just bought a Boss and a 5.3L Silverado as a DD and pack-mule for the Boss. What do you think ? ;D

My 5.7 Tundra probably gets worse mpg as a DD, but I run most of my gas through work so it won't matter to me until it matters to my boss ;D

MLM

Mike
Fuel prices are having a direct and negative impact on our entire, consumer-driven economy. Sticker shock at the gas station and then again at the supermarket, 'cause if you bought it a truck brought it. Several small, independent gas stations near me have just gone out of business, stopped selling gas or eliminated full-service (remember that?) because between the price of gas and the credit card fees they can't survive any longer. They make more selling junk food and lottery tickets than gasoline. Small business is the backbone of our economy and high gas prices hit them hardest.

I really wanted an EcoBoost F150 after driving one, but I ended up with a Tundra that gets 11 mpg. I needed 4wd and the 4wd F150s drove weird. Might have gotten one anyways but they could not find me a stripped white one which I needed since I use it for work. I spend a lot of time on our ranch and it is all clay-dirt trails that are really slippery when wet so had to be 4wd. Got a great deal on it, and I have come to really like it despite a few quirks.

CaliMR said:
I really wanted an EcoBoost F150 after driving one, but I ended up with a Tundra that gets 11 mpg. I needed 4wd and the 4wd F150s drove weird. Might have gotten one anyways but they could not find me a stripped white one which I needed since I use it for work. I spend a lot of time on our ranch and it is all clay-dirt trails that are really slippery when wet so had to be 4wd. Got a great deal on it, and I have come to really like it despite a few quirks.
It's quite possibly the best vehicle I've ever owned. I ordered it with 4 wheel drive.....it snows up here....A LOT....Bose sound system, leather, heated seats, Max Tow package with 3.73s and built-in brake controller, backup camera is awesome for lining up the hitch. It came standard with remote start which is great in the winter, and tons of other goodies too long to list.

I want the back up camera for trailers, my truck is pre-wired but haven't gotten around to it yet. I saved a lot by going with the Tundra, as I had an in with the dealer and got it at 4k under invoice before incentives. After tax deductions and what they bought my old car for, it only cost me about 8k net. F150 would have been at least 10k more net since they couldn't find a low spec one. And then I might not have been able to afford the Boss, so I am pretty happy with how it turned out. It is a great truck too. Goes like stink when you mash the loud pedal ;D

Strangely, I get about the same overall MPG with my 2005 F-150 Super Crew as I do with my boss. About 16 mpg average combined. I don't drive long distances regularly, so the gas prices will not have a huge effect on my driving habits. I may decide to do summer camping trips a bit closer to home, though.

I buy about 20 gallons a week for the DD truck as I mostly just run around town for work (also why my mpg is so bad). A tank every 2 weeks in the Boss. Excluding track days and rare trips out of town, that is about 100 gallons a month.

I filled up the Boss last week at 3.89/gallon. Today i've seen a few places over 4 bucks. My DD is a corolla so unless its the weekend I havent been driving the Boss even tho the weather has been pretty nice.

TMO Supporting Vendors