The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GEARS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Personally I wouldn't go with 4:10's, I'm hitting the rev limiter quick enough as it is. Also, with the linear torque of the motors I don't think it is needed.

With the 3:73s and the Boss transmission the gearing is just about perfect for drag racing. There is a good chance with 4:10s that you would need to shift into fourth in the 1/8 mile and into fifth in the 1/4 mile.

BLAZN BOSS

I was wondering how it would be also. The first articles I read about the boss before I bought mine said the were just at the end of 4th when they went thru the traps. Now with a 4:10 gear you would definetly be shifting into 5th but it's the 1;1 gear anyway so no biggie.........more trap speed. But if I were goint to that for drag racing there may be a larger diameter rear tire used anyway. Possibly staying in 4th still. I would wonder how the street driving would be affected with the stock tires........probably wouldnt even use 1st. LOL I like drag racing and have never done any road racing but would the lower ratio help in slowing before the corners requiring less brake pad use?...........idunno just asking.

TMO Supporting Vendors