The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

General track key question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
I have my track key installed and its tuned for the stock size tires. My question is can I have my local dealer retune it for the 18's I have or do I need to do a complete download of a new track key?

Thanks

Yep. There is a specific field in the PCM Trackey calibration menu for tire diameter, which a dealer can access and change to the actual tire diameter you are running (stock tire dia is 26.7"). No need to reflash TK. Not sure if it covers different front/rear diameters, or only accepts a single value.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I was looking over the tech's shoulder during the install and I saw a dropdown box with lots of tire sizes, but don't recall there being a tire diameter field like on a ProCal.

Either way, you don't need to do it, but your odometer and speedo will be a little off.

Boss1601 said:
Ford answer is at the top of page 11

http://www.fordracingparts.com/trackey/include/TracKey_Dealer_Technician_Instructions_V2.1.pdf

That's great info. It's a shame the car's owner can't make those adjustments with out taking the car to a dealer. I'd love put 100 octane in at the track and tell the computer that it has 100 octane. I use 28" tire at the drags, but don't drive them daily. There again, I wish I could make that small adjutment with out taking it to the dealer.

TMO Supporting Vendors