The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Germany could ban combustion engine cars by 2030

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow this could be a horrible development. I think they're a bit ahead of themselves but who knows. Let's hope our "save the earth from ourselves now" leaders don't read this...

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/09/germany-ban-internal-combustion-engine-2030/

Germany isn't content with relying on financial incentives to usher in an era of pollution-free cars. The country's Bundesrat (federal council) has passed a resolution calling for a ban on new internal combustion engine cars by 2030. From then on, you'd have to buy a zero-emissions vehicle, whether it's electric or running on a hydrogen fuel cell. This isn't legally binding, but the Bundesrat is asking the European Commission to implement the ban across the European Union... and when German regulations tend to shape EU policy, there's a chance that might happen.

a83ca088fd374eb5aa689ab337fe374d.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Right, wrong or early, somebody has to or will be first. I don't see it as a good or bad thing. Just what it is.

My only real hope is that we aren't the first, because that would probably be a mistake on many levels.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Und I vill trunzlate fur doze zat nicht verstayen zee Deutsch, azz Bundesrat vood mean in Inngleash, zerr ist eine Rat in der Bund. Bund , vell , das ist knot eine nize verd , zo I vill yest leav zaa rest to yur imagzinaschun!

Auf Wiedersehn!

It doesn't surprise me one bit that the country with by far the largest solar infrastructure would "lead" this effort. Things obviously have changed in the U.S. and now will ripple worldwide regarding regulations it appears.

That said, I've got an 11kw system on my roof in my new house and I can't wait to get an electric car. Perfectly happy with my 2014 plug in Fusion, but it's kinda a dog and will lose HOV lane privileges in 2019. A used Tesla is likely in my future unless Ford finally limps into the market in last place by a mile. Of course I'm going to try to sneak a Super Snake into my fleet before then. Gotta have priorities. 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors