The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Getting better sound quality from a GoPro 3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What tricks are there to getting good sound quality from GoPro's? I have used the water proof and non-water proof housings inside and out of the car and still get mostly wind noise. I haven't done any filming over 110mph.

I use the "frame" mount for inside the car use. I think the sound is pretty good...not too much wind noise. Here is a video I took from Carlisle this year with the frame mount inside the car...nothing exciting, just normal driving with the windows down...its a Hero 3 white edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-L1Wh3NL6A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Anybody mount the GoPro 3 Hero at Boss Track Attack? I understand that they only allow it inside and mounted on the roll cage. Going in September and they did say they help me hook it up in the best position for video and Audio.

Tulsa, OK
Make sure you mount it high enough on the roll bar or else you get videos like this. Ask me how I know :-[ But using the skeleton back as cbj said works very well inside the car.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/DRVCNeDlS9Y[/youtube]

You can get external mics, there are several different kinds... they are pretty cheap... but do make a sound difference... Look on Ebay for GoPro Mics.

TymeSlayer said:
Anybody mount the GoPro 3 Hero at Boss Track Attack? I understand that they only allow it inside and mounted on the roll cage. Going in September and they did say they help me hook it up in the best position for video and Audio.

They allow roll bar mounted if you choose to mount inside the car or suction mounted on the exterior. No adhesive mounts are allowed any place. Also familiarize yourself with how to set up the camera before you get to BTA...the instructors in my class gave us a few minutes warning to set our cameras up, but didn't help us.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I made a small clamp out of two pieces of Delrin yesterday to fit on the passenger side visor rod. It attaches to the visor rod with a single bolt, and I ran in a short piece of 1/4-20 threaded rod that will attach to most standard camera mounts.

It is very stable and because it's so close to the windshield it provides excellent visual coverage. The only tricky part was drilling the hole at an angle so that the camera is level when attached. Also, since cameras have the mounting hole on the bottom you do have to use a video editor to turn the image 180 degrees.

Cameramount_zps700090ce.jpg

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
The Hero2 I borrowed had a setup option to record inverted, so no editing required if using a GoPro. I heard the battery life on the Hero3 sucks, is this true?

I placed my Gopro 2 on the roof with the suction cup in the water proof frame..
The video is great and the sound must be pretty much turned way down or off because of the noise.

ace72ace said:
The Hero2 I borrowed had a setup option to record inverted, so no editing required if using a GoPro. I heard the battery life on the Hero3 sucks, is this true?

Yes and no. If you leave WiFi on it does suck...if its off you can get a good amount of battery time out of it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel