The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Getting better

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am very new to the art of drag racing. Last night was the second time taking "Marilyn" to the strip. Got my best time so far
muhama3y.jpg
Mods:
MGW shifter, Steeda LCA'S, PHB, BBK cat delete, Borla o/r X-pipe, Roush axle back

This was the first time playing around with launch control. Set it for 3000. Didn't spin too bad first run but every run after I couldn't catch. Is 3G's too high?

if it bogs raise the rpm
if it spins you will have to lower it.

fine art of going full throttle, dumping clutch and getting it to hook. you will have to run it at each track in test n tune days to know what that track wants. not anywhere as easy as it looks

keep on keeping on btw..

steve

Nice run and a great 60" for being on stock tires. Sounds like you will have to drop the take-off RPM down just a little. I find that as the night goes on (and gets cooler), I have to drop rpm on the launch control.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel