The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Getting rev'ed at

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is everyone's opinion on this, seems to be a constant thing when driving my car around and it gets extremely annoying IMO. A honk or a wave is always nice but rev'ing seems to be more of a rude thing to do at someone.

WinterSucks said:
Depends. Are they dbags in crap cans or nice cars?

I should have specified, it is always other Mustang owners, in fact it always seems to be Roush owners.

They might just be sayin hello, assuming you didn't already notice them. Far less annoying than having a civic with three gel-haired jerks slouching rev at you then shifting twice while hitting the rev limiter every time and only making it 30ft away... ::)

It just seems to me like an aggressive gesture, always makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Yes in todays car culture , a rev is a" hello nice car you have there" Kinda like a head nod to someone you don't even know. You are acknowledging them as part of the club or pack a respect thing. I have started doing it with mixed results, but whatever. They will figure it out.

With my previous car, Subaru STI, we had a subtle hand wave that includes index and middle fingers together raised to the eye level...very cool!! It felt like a secret fraternity of the STI owners 8)
With the Boss, I get revs from Mustangs, F150s, kids and grandpas...etc it is America baby! ;) I think it is a cool way to tell me that they like my car. If it makes them happy then let it be, however I myself don't usually rev back, I just nod my head.

I don't rev back since it is so freakin loud and I don't know if there is a cop around having a bad day. Don't want an "exhibition of speed" or street racing ticket. I don't street race, but if a cop hears me trading revs with a car next to me guess what he is going to think. I just wave. I get hollered at all the time, though. The other day it was in traffic and a 40-something guy in a purple Challenger yells over to me that he loves my car ;D and almost bought one. The only time I made a lot of noise was when some teenagers got all excited and started hollering to "get on it!". Trying to generate some more Mustang fans ;)

I get revved at all the time in both my stangs, and I try to rev back... most times I just wave though... especially if I'm at speed cause throwing the tranny out and it of 4th-5th gear at speed can't be good on it... even with a rev-match...

Its only happened twice to me and both were Chargers one was a 6 and the other an SRT8 I just waved back at them.

Definitely more of a Mustang thang. Get lots more from other Mustangs in my Boss, but even got them in my 2005 V6. I view them as bonding moments...as long as they don't end in bondo moments... :eek:

mikebxb

2012 BOSS 302 0782 no mods yet
Texas
im a long time Vette owner now switched to boss for some change. In the Vette community we have "the wave". The corvette wave exchanged between acknowledging owners of awareness and welcome similer to living in the country where folks wave Just because. I view the boss as more of a boy racer even tho it's at the top if the mustang food chain. I been getting the rev, the downshift drive by and the floor it gesture similer to kids urging a trucker to blow the air horns. It's all good

mikebxb said:
im a long time Vette owner now switched to boss for some change. In the Vette community we have "the wave". The corvette wave exchanged between acknowledging owners of awareness and welcome similer to living in the country where folks wave Just because. I view the boss as more of a boy racer even tho it's at the top if the mustang food chain. I been getting the rev, the downshift drive by and the floor it gesture similer to kids urging a trucker to blow the air horns. It's all good

Really??? Steve McQueen a boy racer type???

The only thing I see Corvette owners waving are their gold neck chains... :)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
[/quote]

NICE!!!

I bought my first Corvette in 1977 at age 16.

Still have a 1969 roadster in the garage. Owned it since 1986.

No gold chains......Wife has a few.

The wave was alive and well in 1977 and still is today.

Of course, you have to own a Vette to know.

mikebxb

2012 BOSS 302 0782 no mods yet
Texas
TMSBOSS said:

NICE!!!

I bought my first Corvette in 1977 at age 16.

Still have a 1969 roadster in the garage. Owned it since 1986.

No gold chains......Wife has a few.

The wave was alive and well in 1977 and still is today.

Of course, you have to own a Vette to know.

hahahahah Bada BING!
guys its all good. I went to the "boy racer" because I WANTED a more bare bones, less frills American performance street car. Even took those stupid headrests off threw them in trunk. I'm enjoying the heck outa the Boss (except for the white painted roof who's dumb idea was that?)

The 69 roadster C3 is one of if not the most beautiful machines on wheels. Another gorgeous Larry Shinoda design (hats off to Bill Mitchell)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel