The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ghost 2017 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Ive heard good things about Apex. I plan on doing the 3.1 with them on sept 9.

Awesome, looking forward to your experience with them. I see there is a place called The Drivers Edge as well. I'm going to call them pretty soon and verify if the classes fall under approved SCCA schools. If you find any information I'd appreciate if you share. Trying to do all my homework overseas.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Since the Apex group buy is open for payment, I need some advice on choice of tires. As I will be living in Texas here shortly I'm thinking about the heat, roads and particular tracks in the area. I'm not ready for near R-compound tires, the Rival S and Michelin Pilot Super Sport are the available options they have. Or should I purchase the RE-11R's or Michelin 4s independently. Looking for more of a street/track compatible tire in the size of 275/40/18. Love my current Michelin 4s, but I need to see if they make that particular size. Thoughts/comments of those who are running these or similar tires?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Hankook RS-4 with a more track/street flavor.

They seem to straddle that line well and cope with hot surface temps. Research on these a bit .

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
As I'm searching the forum posts, anyone have experience with the FRPP Track Handling package for a 17 GT...while tracking their car? I believe my skill level is up to this point to get more comfortable with the car.

As I'm searching the forum posts, anyone have experience with the FRPP Track Handling package for a 17 GT...while tracking their car? I believe my skill level is up to this point to get more comfortable with the car.
I've been looking into that as well. I watched a couple YouTube videos, and the kit gets rid of a lot of body roll. I plan on getting it as soon as I can get a big enough pile of money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
I've been looking into that as well. I watched a couple YouTube videos, and the kit gets rid of a lot of body roll. I plan on getting it as soon as I can get a big enough pile of money.

Don't forget the front LCA's from the PP GT to compliment the kit. They go hand in hand. I'm trying to save a little more and get the bushing kit's for the IRS as well. Not looking forward to the extra noise, but racecar!

Are they different than the base other than the toe link/knuckle bearing?

I have the bmr cradle lock out kit and diff bushing inserts. Definitely worth it.

Have you done anything, performance wise, to the engine?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Are they different than the base other than the toe link/knuckle bearing?

I have the bmr cradle lock out kit and diff bushing inserts. Definitely worth it.

Have you done anything, performance wise, to the engine?

Yes I've read they are different on the Ford website and geared more to performance. I haven't done anything to the engine or ecu yet. I'm trying to go at this a little different than my 13 I had. After reviews and talking to others at the track...tires, wheels, brakes, fluids and suspension are my first priority. Getting the power it has now to the pavement and then going from there.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
If they say Michelin 4s does not function 100% in 40-45 degree weather...that's what the fock they mean! I felt it driving today around base. Temps not higher than 45 degrees, raining, oil/sand and PSI within the tires cold was 29. Did not feel the necessary grip at all, even for daily driving.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
I had my car for over a year and have done no major upgrades to it at all. Just learning it as much as possible. But people (not your actual racers) buying these 18's and within a week tearing it apart not knowing what it can do stock form. I would think it would be very different than the 15-17 model.

It's still an S550 Mustang so there won't be any secrets about the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel