The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Girlfriend rates the Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've had several S197 Mustangs, including a GT500. My long-time girlfriend rode in the Boss for the first time today. We took it thru some Ozarks backroads and put it thru it's paces. She was quite impressed at how planted it was, especially at speed. She was not impressed with the GT500, and for good reason. She's a bit of a car girl (has her own Mustang) and it was nice hearing her impressions and getting her stamp of approval 8)

ace72ace said:
Not impressed with the GT500, why? What year? SVTPP option?

2008, no SVTPP option. Too skittish in the rear end, especially on rough pavement.

That's not surprising. My wife felt our Boss was much more planted than the Bentley Continental Supersports ISR we drove. ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
That's not surprising. My wife felt our Boss was much more planted than the Bentley Continental Supersports ISR we drove. ;D

If you were seriously looking at buying the ISR then please buy me a Kona Blue Boss 302 LMFAO

ford20 said:
5 DOT 0 said:

If you were seriously looking at buying the ISR then please buy me a Kona Blue Boss 302 LMFAO
Not car shopping...

https://trackmustangsonline.com/other-cars/so-i-went-for-a-drive-on-sunday-world-class-driving-experience/

JonW said:
I've had several S197 Mustangs, including a GT500. My long-time girlfriend rode in the Boss for the first time today. We took it thru some Ozarks backroads and put it thru it's paces. She was quite impressed at how planted it was, especially at speed. She was not impressed with the GT500, and for good reason. She's a bit of a car girl (has her own Mustang) and it was nice hearing her impressions and getting her stamp of approval 8)

My wife won't drive our 2008 GT500KR anymore because she says the back end always kicks out when she is driving it... ;)

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
I traded my 2012 gt500 with svt,black on black and love the Boss much more. Looks better and sounds better(trackey installed). Seems to handle better too. Will be taking it to track soon.MGW should be installed next month.

My wife absolutely hates driving the Boss, which almost never happens. Says it ruins her spine for a day if she spends more than 10 minutes in it. She does, however, love driving our 2012 Wrangler Unlimited on Mickey Thompson MT's.

dean_acheson said:
What general area of the Ozarks?

Springfield, MO

My GF can't drive a stick, so there's no fear of her driving the Boss. She does love to ride in it, though. She initially thought that the base seats were going to be too uncomfortable, but after a few rides she says they are OK as long as we're not going a long distance.

TMO Supporting Vendors