The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GM Redesign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
TMS has such a simple point, but especially valid for those of us in heavily rural areas where driving 60-150 miles or more is especially common. Round trip is not capable for almost all EVs, though one answer seems so simple I wonder why some of the US Manufacturers are not talking about it? We all know a Hybrid Automobile runs primarily on fuel , but the battery pack supplements the power and range of the vehicle. One Chinese company is heavily reversing the structure with a small gasoline engine that repowers the batteries on long distances , enabling a longer range in the event of no charging stations. Have to believe we will see more of this concept as it would open up the EV machines to the concerns of wide spread distances in much of America.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
We all know a Hybrid Automobile runs primarily on fuel , but the battery pack supplements the power and range of the vehicle
That not true. Some hybrids are primarily an EV with an on board ICE/generator to extend the range. Chevy Volts were configured that way and quite a while ago, since the end of 2010.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Nope. I don’t want politics in this thread also but. This is the same challenge we see in so many areas. Solutions appear to be geared to urban areas. Live out in the sticks.......too bad. We went through this cycle earlier in our history. At least before history was rewritten.
let’s not do this again please.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Nope. I don’t want politics in this thread also but. This is the same challenge we see in so many areas. Solutions appear to be geared to urban areas. Live out in the sticks.......too bad. We went through this cycle earlier in our history. At least before history was rewritten.
let’s not do this again please.
I think that’s a fair comment, but I believe it’s more about technical issues and costs to extend the effective range. Corporate greed means the want your dollars just the same, but they’re easier to get from city dwellers.

Its an elephant standing on a platform. You have to applaud the focus group that brain stormed this brilliant idea to turn around GM's fortune. As a former GM employee this makes me wanna puke.
That’s funny on many levels.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Electric vehicles seem like a good idea for urban/some suburban areas and I suspect that as tech progresses that's where it will continue to take off. I'm fine with that as long as it's voluntary. I have come to really appreciate the plethora of spacious but tiny Japanese vehicles for bustling around the city here and I'm kind of ticked at the regulatory barriers and preferences that don't make them more widespread in the US. They seem like they'd fit the bill for a lot of people who are currently clamoring for electric vehicles but can't afford them yet.

Oh...new gm (GM?) logo? Uh. Okay. I bet they spent a @#$%load of money coming up with that. Meh.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel