The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GM Redesign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I’m not a fan.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
This what gets me..." The company has also signed the Business Ambition Pledge for 1.5⁰C which has a goal to limit global warming to below 2º C by changing business practices. " I saw an article the other day that said EVERY country in the WORLD would have to go to absolute zero emissions for many years in order to have reversal affect of global temperatures at ANY level.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Contemplating the future for you youngster some of us oldsters occasionally have a " Brain Fart " ,keeping in mind at our advanced age all kinds of farts are normal. So in the pursuit of humor we attempt to have you folks only a decade beyond puberty imagine a giant truck stop where 100 Semis pull in plug in and plunge the small Midwestern city they stopped at into a complete blackout.

Heh, it seemed aj impossibility, because one has to figure a Battery Powered Semi would never make it very far yanking around a trailer full of heavy consumables and then ...........................brain fart!! Remember at the age of many of the TMO members all kind of farts are occurring at our age.

So whether a trucker has a Batteryliner, a DuracellWorth , or a Volvogizer , his Semi is loaded with the current ( yes, that is a play on words ) battery technology taking his load 350 miles down the Interstate until his charge falls on it's head and he ................simply flips a lever to the backup system, integrated into his semi -trailer for an additional 350 mile range. Dang ...........it is going to work.

I would now like to pause for all the TMO members in their 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s so we can say a silent prayer to God for allowing us to burn up fossil fuels, burn up rubber , and burn cubic dollars , carousing around this Country in loud , obnoxious and thoroughly enjoyably tactile machines.

Makes you glad to be alive now , to be able to savor the joys most of our grandchildren will only know when we take them for a ride in our;
a) Boss 302
b) Mustang GT
c) GT 500
d) Bullitt
e) Mach 1
f ) PP2 Mustang
g ) Cobra
h) All other mean Mustangs

Shocking prediction of the future, but with the advancements we have seen in the last decade another decade and a half means GM and others will have captured the majority of truck and auto sales. I really am glad to be alive now and let's all go out and exceed those decibel levels as long as we can!

The Lexus and Acura crowds will have no problem going electric..they are practically there already...Us boys that feel (need) that V8 rumble will hang on to our rides as long as we can........I know I will..................

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Cmon XR7, you are in Minnesota your hands are always cold , ha. I have the feeling those trying to pry your Stang out of your hands would be under the threat of harm if you are even somewhat upright. I do think we will all be driving a 401K Plan and what better place to put our cold hard cash?! I honestly think we will see unbelievable prices for our cars in only a decade or so.

Last edited:
I have a problem with all this electric BS for the simple reason that it's not driven by the free market, but rather by governmental decree. In the meantime, the polluting countries will continue to pollute, the democracies will continue to beat their heads against an imaginary wall to drop earth temperatures by a couple of degrees in 50 years, that may be a cyclical process to begin with. We are finally free of the Mideast stranglehold on oil and we throw it all out the window. Maybe we should continue to use the most efficient internal combustion engines possible, while working through the hybrid cycle, and staying energy independent.

TMO Supporting Vendors