The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Going 18x11" Square with 305 Tires and Rotatable. It Can Be Done!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Re: Going 18x11" Square with 305 Tires and Rotatable. It Can Be Done!

neema said:
12s are possible but you need: 1. Cortex offset struts, 2. a 20mm spacer up front if square offset desired, 3. camber. The fronts will be aggressive; camber is a must.

I ordered mine in et38 front/et58 rear. Still haven't gotten around to mounting them up.
@neema
You got a 12" rim with a 58 offset on cortex rear outboard coilovers?
Thats almost 9" of back spacing...how did you get it to clear the shock?
What tires were you running?
Is that the setup in your sig pic?

Fabman said:
@neema
You got a 12" rim with a 58 offset on cortex rear outboard coilovers?
Thats almost 9" of back spacing...how did you get it to clear the shock?
What tires were you running?
Is that the setup in your sig pic?

Sorry for the late reply Fabman

The rears work only if the shock is flipped and spring divorced again. (Back to OEM location). Kind of a pain to adjust the shocks since it puts the adjusters at the top mount behind the wheel, but let's the wheel get farther inboard.

I haven't worked/looked at my car for 1+ years. Hoping to come back to it later this year. I miss it a lot

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

neema said:
Sorry for the late reply Fabman

The rears work only if the shock is flipped and spring divorced again. (Back to OEM location). Kind of a pain to adjust the shocks since it puts the adjusters at the top mount behind the wheel, but let's the wheel get farther inboard.

I haven't worked/looked at my car for 1+ years. Hoping to come back to it later this year. I miss it a lot
Yeah, that's what I figured....thanks for the response.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Surfergeek said:
I didn't grab a measurement of the caliper to barrel clearance on the 6 Piston brakes, but from eyeball perspective I would say it's 1/4" or a little more. It certainly fills the rim, but there is still plenty of room. I can see if we can get that measurement and update here when we get it.
Jared, Do you have the Cortex coil overs in the rear too or is the spring in the stock location?

Fabman said:
Jared, Do you have the Cortex coil overs in the rear too or is the spring in the stock location?

I run with Cortex coil overs in the rear, but with this wheel recipe we test fit on a car with stock suspension in the rear and had no fitment issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel