The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Going from Cat deletes to Long tubes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,

Need some input and I am sure a couple of you have already made this move.

I have 13 Boss, already tuned by Lund, cat deletes and MRT axle back. My wife over heard that I want to eventually want to supercharger my boss. So for christmas my wife made some calls, (assuming hypermotive) and my christmas present was a set of kooks long tubes and H pipe.

Right now my thinks the car is loud, but has no problem riding in it.

My question is how much louder will it be switching from the long tubes and h pipe, from the cat deletes? My first thoughts are it should not be alot louder since the cat are the most restrictive part, but the better flow might increase the noise.

Thanks for the help.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I went from having the cat deletes to AHR long tubes and off road x pipe and it is a lot quieter with the long tubes. the cat deletes are crazy loud for some reason. I now have the same headers and mid pipe and magnaflow comp cat back and kooks side pipes and its still quieter.

hope that helps

Wow, great thanks for the info. Last nigt the wife asked, why I have yet to install the longtubes. Looks like an install in 20 degree weather.

Ya, it’s a detached garage. Have a huge heater, but the cement is still 20 degrees. We close on our new house in 10 days. Going from what is supposed to be a 1 & 1/2 car garage (more like 1 1/8), to a three car garage.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Swiesz said:
Ya, it’s a detached garage. Have a huge heater, but the cement is still 20 degrees. We close on our new house in 10 days. Going from what is supposed to be a 1 & 1/2 car garage (more like 1 1/8), to a three car garage.
i too move from a 1 car to a three at the end of this month :)

Nice. Around here in Detroit you can pick up a used lift for under a grand. Almost have wifes approval.

Swiesz said:
Nice. Around here in Detroit you can pick up a used lift for under a grand. Almost have wifes approval.
That is certainly going to make life a hell of a lot easier to install them. You might want to think about dropping the K-Member as well, you have a ton more room available to you when you do.

Sean

Ya, I was thinking about dropping the k-member, just need to find the torques spec, for reinstall.

TMO Supporting Vendors