The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Going with this trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

• http://www.trailersuperstore.com/trailers-for-sale/premier-7-x-18-car-trailer-tool-box-stone-guard-spare-tire

Except in 20'
    • Stone guard
    • Toolbox
    • Dual axle braking
    • Chrome wheels
    • Radial Tires
    • Spare tire
    • Diamond steel floor
    • Winch

Diamond-Plate-Stone-Guard.jpg

Should have it for March VIR

No tilt bed?? Correct me if I'm wrong. But without a tilt bed loading and unloading will be hard to do unless you ramps are extra long to change the angle. I do belive I read some where that the Boss requires an 11 degree ramp to safely load and unload.

Sesshomurai

I have foam race ramps I intend to use to get the correct angle. I'm pretty sure it will make it over the dovetail since it's a longer 4' dovetail. Gonna ask them about the dovetail angle though. Don't want to scrape.

DGRacing said:
I have foam race ramps I intend to use to get the correct angle. I'm pretty sure it will make it over the dovetail since it's a longer 4' dovetail. Gonna ask them about the dovetail angle though. Don't want to scrape.

One of the things I did when I had an open trailer and a low car was to leave the trailer attached to the car and screw down the jack on a 4 x4 and raise the rear of the car and front of the trailer. This change the angle and made loading and unloading a lot better.

Sesshomurai

jim woodruff said:
One of the things I did when I had an open trailer and a low car was to leave the trailer attached to the car and screw down the jack on a 4 x4 and raise the rear of the car and front of the trailer. This change the angle and made loading and unloading a lot better.

Yeah. I plan to do this as well. I figure I can back the truck up the race ramps a little bit to accomplish that while it's connected.

DGRacing said:
I dunno. I had a 5' dovetail tilt-bed and I still scraped the stock splitter although not enough to damage it, let alone an LS or WC splitter....

Sesshomurai

cloud9 said:
I dunno. I had a 5' dovetail tilt-bed and I still scraped the stock splitter although not enough to damage it, let alone an LS or WC splitter....

I have the WC splitter and get up my race ramps fine. Need the extenders though. Sharpest angle is at the ground so dovetail shouldnt be a problem.

DGRacing said:
I have the WC splitter and get up my race ramps fine. Need the extenders though. Sharpest angle is at the ground so dovetail shouldnt be a problem.
If you've tested it then you're obviously good to go. I was just letting you know how mine worked in case you haven't tried loading it on that trailer yet.

Sesshomurai

cloud9 said:
If you've tested it then you're obviously good to go. I was just letting you know how mine worked in case you haven't tried loading it on that trailer yet.

Appreciate it bro!

TMO Supporting Vendors