The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Good deal on a boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all,

New here, but a longtime member over on Mustang Forums. Had an 06 Saleen that I rebuilt then sold a few years later.

Went and drove a 2013 GB Boss 302 yesterday and really enjoyed it. Has the recaro option, 11k miles, and seems to be in good condition. One owner, and Ford certified CPO with extended warranty. They want 39.9, but I think they'd go for 38-38.5. Based on my forum and market research that seems like a fair price, but wanted to bounce that off you guys.

Really enjoyed the drive, now just trying to justify the cost to myself, since right now my car is paid off (but fairly boring 325i) :).

Cheers all!

$39.9 CPO'd seems like an fair deal from a dealer. Maybe even on the low side from what I've seen here in the SF Bay Area CA. Dealers here are holding tight at $42-$45 asking price.

I just bought a Private Party 2013 SBY car in Oklahoma with 15K miles for $39 then had to ship it to CA. Perfect car with all records. It had $1,800 worth of the exact mods I was going to have to do so in my mind that was a $37K car all done with my mods. When I was looking (for a year) I could not find a local car that was clean and not abused for what I wanted to pay. Passed on a 13' SBY in LA with 249 miles at $44.9. Passed on a PW in LA with 4,000 miles at $46K. Looked at a private party local with 10K miles at $42K. Another local dealer had a 13' with 4k miles at $44K (full track setup though).

So you dealer at $39.9 might be a decent find. Offer $38.5 and not a penny more. With the 2015's coming out in a couple of months I envision a flood of GTs and Boss on the lots. (not mine of course but some 8))

Good Luck . . .

siggyfreud said:
Hey all,

New here, but a longtime member over on Mustang Forums. Had an 06 Saleen that I rebuilt then sold a few years later.

Went and drove a 2013 GB Boss 302 yesterday and really enjoyed it. Has the recaro option, 11k miles, and seems to be in good condition. One owner, and Ford certified CPO with extended warranty. They want 39.9, but I think they'd go for 38-38.5. Based on my forum and market research that seems like a fair price, but wanted to bounce that off you guys.

Really enjoyed the drive, now just trying to justify the cost to myself, since right now my car is paid off (but fairly boring 325i) :).

Cheers all!

Thanks for the reply.

I am torn about waiting for a 2015 myself, however having bought new before, I'm hesitant to take the depreciation hit. Seems like the Bosses have taken their small initial hit well, which makes me inclined to pick one up. That and the sound of that motor hitting 7.5 (maybe more with a tune) is pure enjoyment.

I would never buy a first generation car. The 2015 Mustang is no exception. I bet they will need to work out a few kinks in year one. Year 2 might be the time to get one.

For me I wanted the exclusiveness of the Boss. Mine is a weekend canyon carver so no daily driving.

I saw a GB Boss in person and that color is amazing! Funny thing with SBY and GB and even GHIG pics you see online never capture the "depth" of color. They always look washed out. When you see them in person you really get an appreciation for the colors.

OP where are you located?

Here is an example of West Coast price gouging:
http://www.chryslerdodgejeepramoffremont.com/used/Ford/2013-Ford-Mustang-62a7ffcd0a0a00de4d416c4377f15a73.htm

I'm in Oregon. One dealer has a GB, and another has a white for 38.5. Trying to get the higher GB one to match the white price.

This is the first time I've seen one (now two) on a lot that were less than 40k. There are two others on lots at 42k, and 48k for an 2012 LS.

Looks like options are pretty limited in the Oregon Washington area. Searching only nets like 4-5 for sale via search tempest within 500 miles.

Is this White one at Courtesy Ford in Portland? If so it has been hit in the front fender. I was looking at this one early on before I decided SBY was what I wanted. Talked to the dealership as they were fixing it. Good thing is the gal was upfront about it and didn't try to hide it.

Keep looking . . .it took me a year. Finally found my "Unicorn" car. Right car, right price, right seller. All 3 have to be right for me!

Good Luck . . .

siggyfreud said:
I'm in Oregon. One dealer has a GB, and another has a white for 38.5. Trying to get the higher GB one to match the white price.

This is the first time I've seen one (now two) on a lot that were less than 40k. There are two others on lots at 42k, and 48k for an 2012 LS.

If you want creature comforts, go with the 2015. If you want rare, unique and a car with character that will always turn heads, go with the Grabber Blue Boss. The 302s has the best chance of holding value. They only made 462 if I remember correctly in Grabber Blue. Not many out there. I know I love mine ;) good luck!

Bought the Grabber blue. They wouldn't come down to where I wanted, but I did get them within $500 bucks. Bought it for $39,000, which included the track key and CPO warranty. No extended warranty beyond that as I didn't care, and really that was my position about the CPO, that I didn't care.

Good to know about the white one. I actually bought my 06 Saleen from them at 6k miles in 2010, which then blew within 2k miles because someone railed on it. That dealer and I had some words and they did the right thing (eventually) and cut me a check to rebuild it myself. I documented the build over on Mustang Forums under the same user name.

Thanks all for the info!

Well, if you really don't want comforts like the 2015.....then 2013 works....but if you want even less...2012... Pure base model

Congratulations, well done!

Every Boss deserves a good home. No more Grabber a Blue in 2015, :.... Congrats!

Did you get the owners kit with the car? If not you should ask the dealer to contact the previous owner.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel