The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Good morning VIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So you guys are gonna hear about it sooner or later, we failed tech. With all the scrambling to get another car ready after the Road America debacle, a mistake was made and the fuel cell was over capacity, these cars come with oversize cells and you add " bricks" to take up room in the cell. A miscalculation did us in. Sadly, we had no idea we were over capacity and were in fuel save mode after the drive through penalty.
I feel bad for the kid and Billy.
I thought the monkey was finally off our back, but I guess not

So you guys are gonna hear about it sooner or later, we failed tech. With all the scrambling to get another car ready after the Road America debacle, a mistake was made and the fuel cell was over capacity, these cars come with oversize cells and you add " bricks" to take up room in the cell. A miscalculation did us in. Sadly, we had no idea we were over capacity and were in fuel save mode after the drive through penalty.
I feel bad for the kid and Billy.
I thought the monkey was finally off our back, but I guess not
It will all come together. The drivers, cars, mechanical and tire team are all there!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
IMSA giving the Mustangs some BOP love or what? That's by far the best result these cars have had for a couple of years. Before the penalty they were 1-2-3.
Usually it's one of the panzer cars from the other side of the pond that does the winning.

Edit: Just read the race report, looks like it was a fuel economy thing at the end that took out the panzer car that was leading.

Last edited:
IMSA giving the Mustangs some BOP love or what? That's by far the best result these cars have had for a couple of years. Before the penalty they were 1-2-3.
Usually it's one of the panzer cars from the other side of the pond that does the winning.

Edit: Just read the race report, looks like it was a fuel economy thing at the end that took out the panzer car that was leading.
No, no change in the BoP, just strategy and a couple of breaks

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel