The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Good news

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got a suprise the other day,my brother snuck out and bought a 2013 GHIG Boss 302.He kept it a secret for as long as he could,but the word is out now!Great to have some one around to play with.Any one else have relatives who bought a Boss too!

Flyboygsxr said:
Yeah, all the members on the site…One big happy dysfunctional family! Happy New Year
And we need more dysfunctional members so we an influence their spending habits. ;D

Cool and please send an invite for your brother to join us.

I'll be 60 next month but when I was a child of 17 I had an 11 year old cousin I used to take on rides in my first Boss 302, a grabber orange 70. I guess it must have made some kind of impression as about 6 months ago he bought a 71 Boss 351 and now plans to buy a 70 Boss too. I've taken him for a ride in the new Shelby but I don't think he is too crazy about the new ones, yet... Have to admit I was a hold out too. If someone had told me two years ago I would have a new Shelby today I'd have said they were crazy but I am so hooked on the whine and 662 HP it may be the last one standing for me after all the others are gone.

BLK12SVT I had a 70 428 SCJ,which I took out and put a 429 SCJ,what a beast in the Qtr. mile but they don't hold a candle to my new Boss.The handeling of these new cars is way superior.The 429 run 11.70's in the Qtr.,the only thing that could beat me in my area was the 1100 bikes.I think the Boss would be real close in a drag race but after that the Boss would be a ll over that car!I can't imagine 662 horse power under my foot.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
The new Boss has earned and deserves the Boss name, no doubt about it. The 1970 car is no drag strip star but goes like hell around corners. The new Boss can do both.

Thanks Dave Pericak and Team Mustang!!!

John

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
My brother bought a 2012 I found while I was waiting on delivery of my 2013...
so who did it first????? me of course... down payment counts... we both made the trip to the Hastings Boss reunion last September.... hopefully again this year...

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Plinker said:
I got a suprise the other day,my brother snuck out and bought a 2013 GHIG Boss 302.He kept it a secret for as long as he could,but the word is out now!Great to have some one around to play with.Any one else have relatives who bought a Boss too!

My dad bought one after he drove mine once. I haven't seen him on the forums ever but I've told him about them.

Plinker said:
BLK12SVT I had a 70 428 SCJ,which I took out and put a 429 SCJ,what a beast in the Qtr. mile but they don't hold a candle to my new Boss.The handeling of these new cars is way superior.The 429 run 11.70's in the Qtr.,the only thing that could beat me in my area was the 1100 bikes.I think the Boss would be real close in a drag race but after that the Boss would be a ll over that car!I can't imagine 662 horse power under my foot.

I would love to have a new Boss 302. I was one of those 70 owners that was counting the days till the 13's came out with the matching stripes... Having an old one and a new one just seemed like the right thing to do. Then one day a few months before the 13's arrived, I was sitting there minding my own business getting my oil changed when a salesman asked if I wanted to test drive a new Shelby. Up to that point, I hadn't really paid much attention to the new Shelbys but figured why not drive this thing since the alternative was to keep sitting there reading 3 year old magazines in the lounge.

So, I took the 550 hp 2012 Shelby out and absolutely couldn't believe the power having never driven a supercharged car before. The whine of that blower would make the hair stand up your neck. The test drive took a few months to change me but it eventually did and I bought a new 12 in Jan 12. Couple of months later the same offer of a test drive happened again one day with a SBY Boss. I loved the way it looked, (having had a Grabber Orange Boss from 71-94) ran/drove and figured at some point I would get one after all. Then the 662 HP thing started working on me and decided that was the better place for me since I am more a straight liner than a road course guy. 662 hp is a ridiculous amount of power and honestly a little scarey when it breaks loose at 65 mph under hard acceleration like it did last time I drove it. I guess thats nothing though as I was reading a thread on the Shelby forum the other day and it happened with this one guy running 80 mph on the interstate. He said it scared him so he hadn't been back in the car since.

There is a side of me that still wants a Boss, just because it's a Boss. I mean they do get in your blood but the logical side of me says one new Mustang is enough. But, the logical side of me is also saying you better get a Boss before you kill youreslf with 662 HP.

TMO Supporting Vendors