The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R - 305/30x19 98 (Y)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the V6L
So, I found a good deal on these tires, except it wasn't really a deal. It turns out the regular price at a Goodyear dealer in Canada is the equivalent of just over $300 US. I figured that wouldn't last for long, so I bought four of them.

First impression is that if you didn't know they were Goodyears, you'd think they were Trofeo R's. But the thing that really hit me was how tall the stack of four stood on the floor of the tire shop. They're wide - really wide. The stack towered over the stack of Conti 305's that I was recycling after 19 heat cycles and 500 track miles.

The width thing goes like this: the GY3R 305's are rated to have the same 12.3" section width as MPSC2's and Trofeo R's, but the 305 GY3R tread width is 11.8", which is 0.8" wider than the 305 MPSC2 and 0.2" wider than the 305 Trofeo R. They're just plain huge. If you want an MPSC2 that's wider, the 315 or the 325 won't do it - you need the 345. To get a wider Trofeo R, it's the 325, but it only has 0.3" more tread width!

At this point, my season is pretty much over and I probably won't drive on them until next spring, but this is going to be interesting.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Any track experience using them so far? Be interested to get an impression of the tire on track as not alot of usage of Goodyears in my area, and not finding these sizes available at TireRack ( TMO sponsor )? Nevermind did not add the R to the end. Definitely similar look to a Trofeo, but a ton cheaper!

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if they are faster than the SC2's or not. I read they don't last long but what super fast sticky tire does?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel