The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Got an extra 350 R available!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Had to order as was not aware we had this super tight window to get in per Ford. Car will be Leadfoot Gray with a black roof ( no stripes), car cover and Electronics Group. To the guys who called wondering if the car had the Electronics Package, the answer is yes, as we had no choice in the matter. I had advised Mgmt. not to order anything except the car cover , but the Electronics Package is now " Required." No choice in the matter ( per Ford orders) and it apparently only recently occurred, as we recently got an extra GT 350 and I ordered it in Orange Fury, black roof , a car cover and nothing else. Feel free to call my cell if you have any questions?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Actually still available , as we had a timeline with Ford, since it was extra and we had to order it that day. I had it ordered in the gray with just the black roof and a car cover, but Ford is now requiring the $3000 Electronic Group. I did not want it but that was the only way the order would take ( supposedly due to Ford wanting a backup camera on all cars going forward). The calls we got wanted it without and there is nothing we can do ( we even called the Rep telling her it was sold if we could remove ) and we tried.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I know they have quite a few deposits on them ( GT 500s ) , so not sure how far down the line you would be?? Give me a call sometime and I will try and find out where they stand at present?

402-677-5864

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Ford's on a slippery slope with that "you have to take Package A" if you want Package B. They're doing that in Canada now if you want Magneride or Active Exhaust you have to take 301A, jacks up the price by 3K and adds weight and junk I would not want. Turns a base PP1 into a $49,000 CAD car. That's insane, $12K more than I paid for my base PP1 '16 brand new. And still not a sign of a PP2 option on Ford of Canada's website. I guess we don't get them?

Glad I got my base stripper when I did, no incentive to trade it now and end up with an overpriced heavier car with stuff I don't want and would never use.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hopefully next year , they will have the rear camera standard and one will not need all of the stuff to get it -- that seems to be the reason it is reqd. now.

As noted, I was surprised as I got in an Orange GT350 not too long ago with just black roof and a car cover.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel