The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GOT IT!! Now, what do you fellows recommend for a good wax...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCt, Congrats on your LS. Nice to know there's another BOSS in CT. I'm in the south western part of the state & haven't seen another BOSS yet. I'm assuming you live in the northern part of the state since you got your BOSS in MA. Hoping for a New England meet one of these days so All us BOSS guys could get together.

Jeff,

Congrats on the new Boss! Great color choice too! In addition to a good wax you may want to look into a "clear bra". I have one on mine and love it. The key is finding a good installer.

52 years old? Got you beat by a few years...I'm 65.

Enjoy your car!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Chuck P - Fully agree, I have an installer lined up for a full kit install, just need some time to leave the car with his for a couple of days. I've ordered TracWrap as a temp measure, never used it before but the reviews seem OK.

I'll be down in your neck of the woods at VIR on 11/12 and 11/13 with the PCC Audi club, one of the sister clubs to my NEQ up here in New England. Can't wait to get her on that track, I've heard so many great things about VIR. So far I've only been able to get it on at LimeRock for a maiden voyage, the car truly amazed me - better than I expected.

PeteInCT said:
Chuck P - Fully agree, I have an installer lined up for a full kit install, just need some time to leave the car with his for a couple of days. I've ordered TracWrap as a temp measure, never used it before but the reviews seem OK.

I'll be down in your neck of the woods at VIR on 11/12 and 11/13 with the PCC Audi club, one of the sister clubs to my NEQ up here in New England. Can't wait to get her on that track, I've heard so many great things about VIR. So far I've only been able to get it on at LimeRock for a maiden voyage, the car truly amazed me - better than I expected.

Hmmm. This is tempting. I'm doing a special Veterans Day track day for Iraq/Afganistan vets at Summit Point on 11/11. I'll be instructing drivers and giving rides to "Wounded Warriors". How crazy would it be to then head south to VIR for a couple of days? Need to think about that...

http://www.drive-lab.com/Miriam_Schottlands_Drive-Lab_8_9_11/Special_Events.html

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
How could you resist VIR ? ;D

The Audi Club of New England did a similar thing for Vets last year at Limerock and it was a great success. Some guys who had seen and been through more than I probably ever will, some disabled, had one hell of a day getting rides from instructors all day. They also really all got into learning about the cars and how they are tuned for track use. It was a great success, we hope to try to do it again sometime soon.

frosty said:
If you are looking for protection and something that makes the finish slicker, I strongly suggest researching Opt Coat 2.0.

I've put it on 3 of our cars. So far I'm happy with it after about 3 weeks.

I don't drive my LS much but after a couple of drives, there was quite a bit of brake dust on the wheels. With my electric pressure washer it rinsed right off without touching it or any cleaners.

FYI. Research it because you have to put it on correctly because it's permanent.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/41657-first-endeavor-opticoat-2-0-a.html
What dose a Boss 302 and pressure washer have in common. Are you nuts?? No boss wants to be hit with 1500psi or greater. Sounds like the EASY way out. Good luck

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel