The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Got my car today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picked up my Boss this evening. Except for one very tiny scratch on the front fascia (which they will take care of), it's perfect. I love the car, hate the shifter. It's white, no options. The base seats aren't that bad for street use and fit me better than the Recaros. I'm getting my wheels installed later on this week and then I'll post pics. It's #989.

Yours is the first post I have seen from a 2013 with the base seats instead of Recaros. Your car is actually very rare.

The Recaros are definitely a tight fit for larger individuals. I've never seen the base seats in person, but in photos they look comfortable and I'm sure are fine for 99.9% of driving.

As for the diff, there are people who swear that the standard differential (which has carbon fiber clutch plates) is actually better than the Torsen for drag use. More potential chatter around corners though.

The mats are cheesy and the car cover is nothing great, either. You did fine to skip them. If you Google around you can find the mats for $100 and a better cover.

Yours is by far the highest serial I've seen for a 2013. It is a 2013, right, or did you score a leftover 2012?

coboss said:
Yours is the first post I have seen from a 2013 with the base seats instead of Recaros. Your car is actually very rare.

The Recaros are definitely a tight fit for larger individuals. I've never seen the base seats in person, but in photos they look comfortable and I'm sure are fine for 99.9% of driving.

As for the diff, there are people who swear that the standard differential (which has carbon fiber clutch plates) is actually better than the Torsen for drag use. More potential chatter around corners though.

The mats are cheesy and the car cover is nothing great, either. You did fine to skip them. If you Google around you can find the mats for $100 and a better cover.

Yours is by far the highest serial I've seen for a 2013. It is a 2013, right, or did you score a leftover 2012?

Mine's a 2013. I'm getting ready to order a Covercraft satin car cover, all my cars have them. And better mats. I don't know what brand mats I'll get, Lloyds has been a disappointment lately. I figure that between the white color and no options that I might have one of the rarest Bosses for 2013. Who know, that might bring a few more bucks when I go to sell it in 20 years.

Congratulations. Post some photos when you get a chance.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
nice choice. I have a 2012 PW no options :)

You must have once had llyods earlier mats for the 05-09's those were nice and worth 100 bucks. Their new mats are indeed a let down. But its the only decent option I could find out there without going completely custom. The new ones are nice looking though.

Cant wait to see some pics.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Congratulations. Where are the pix? Not even a crappy cell phone pic? :'(

I bought weathertech liners instead of regular mats, I put my feet on them so I don't car how they look. And they keep the car nice and clean... at least from bigger stuff. Took the liner out for my track day and there was tons of little pebbles and things under there.

And I like clutch diffs, Torsens have bad manners in certain circumstances.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
302BOB said:
Congrats on getting your Boss JonW. I also have the stock seats, which I think are very comfortable. I'm not tracking my car so I'm sure they'll do just fine. Good luck with your new ride!
+1 on the seats.

the recaros are overrated imo. if i am gonna race the car than i would put an aftermarket seat in it and the seat belt rubs on the recaros, puts a wear mark on them

Overrated and overpriced. Agree on a proper race seat, the Sparco Evo III they used on the school car at Miller was very comfortable and snug.

Maui
Congratulations... You must be real happy your boss is here... I remember the long restless nights waiting to get mine.. Had to wait about 1 month for the car to be shipped to hawaii from texas..

TMO Supporting Vendors