The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Got to take it out today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow has all melted in our area, roads clear, temp today in the 50's so took off the battery tender and took it out for about an hour. Runs great, felt great, sounds great ;D. Had only been about 6 weeks since the last time we had it out, but have missed driving it.

Nice. Where do you live? The weather has been unbelievable here in California.

I too was able to uncover the car and enjoy record high temps today. Here in Nebraska we reached 66 degrees!!! I'm sure Cloud9 just above me took his out and enjoyed the unseasonable weather.

SUPRMN said:
I too was able to uncover the car and enjoy record high temps today. Here in Nebraska we reached 66 degrees!!! I'm sure Cloud9 just above me took his out and enjoyed the unseasonable weather.
I've been driving it almost every day for the last two weeks :D. We hit an incredible 62 degrees yesterday! High of 47 today but I'll still drive it. Looks like we will see 40s and even some 50s for another week. Winter will be over before we know it!

I think we'll all (ok most of us) look back and realize we had one great first winter with our Bosses! The only time it rains out here is when Rick wants to go to the track.. ::)

I drove mine today to work after driving the crew cab all week. ;D

Hambone said:
You guys are going to hate me but this is my daily driver here in sunny SOCAL. I have over 1700 miles on it in 4 weeks.

I live in so cal too. Our weather has been mid 70's. I wear shorts and t-shirts almost everyday. I also have a PW BOSS 302. What part of So Cal do you reside? I'm from San Diego.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I think all you CA boys need to keep it on the down-low - we all KNOW you can drive all year ! ;D

Signed,
Fustrated New Englander

(But LS-378 is coming out this weekend for a last romp !)

I Live in Rosemead which is sandwiched between El Monte and Arcadia. I did see another Boss close to New Years in the old town Pasadena area it looked like an LS silver and Red.That's the only other Boss I have seen on the road around here. We may have the best weather but we sure do pay for it in property value.

Hambone said:
I Live in Rosemead which is sandwiched between El Monte and Arcadia. I did see another Boss close to New Years in the old town Pasadena area it looked like an LS silver and Red.That's the only other Boss I have seen on the road around here. We may have the best weather but we sure do pay for it in property value.

I used to live in Fullerton and I have a friend that lives in El Monte. I used to frequent Monterey Park. I have yet to see another Boss on the street. Best weather also equals high cost of living too!

Around 50 degrees today in southwest Ct....same for tomorrow...a little cooler (lower 40's) for Sunday but still doable Boss driving weather, with no snow in sight in the 7 day forecast. I'm lovin this weather but the plow guys are starting to get a little ansy...they were making a fortune last year at this time.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Back from Afghanistan for a few weeks. Thought I would be installing the MGW shifter and putting the cover back on. Nope.

Weather in the 50's in northern Illinois. Added a few miles. Now heading back to the Stan for a few months. Track Attack in May

TMSBOSS said:
Back from Afghanistan for a few weeks. Thought I would be installing the MGW shifter and putting the cover back on. Nope.

Weather in the 50's in northern Illinois. Added a few miles. Now heading back to the Stan for a few months. Track Attack in May
Thanks for your service and keep your head down. Glad you got some Boss time.

It was 60 in Virginia so the Boss was kicking the door. Took it out but saw no one else out. I sent an email out to the club but no takers. I guess to many were afraid of getting it dirty.

I have been driving like a mad man here in Upstate SC. Weather has been great so far this winter. I intended to put few miles on this car, but I just can't do it! I have reduced insurance based on less than 7000 miles/year, but I think i am going to have to call my agent and tell him to forget that!

It's just too much fun, and too tempting not to drive every week-end chance I get!

The weather has been great down here in Texas (raining today) and I took the BOSS out Thursday and picked up my daughter from school. She loved it and so did all of the kids.

It's amazing how many kids know what a BOSS is.

BOSS1289 said:
I have been driving like a mad man here in Upstate SC. Weather has been great so far this winter. I intended to put few miles on this car, but I just can't do it! I have reduced insurance based on less than 7000 miles/year, but I think i am going to have to call my agent and tell him to forget that!

It's just too much fun, and too tempting not to drive every week-end chance I get!
50s again today and tomorrow! Then it looks like the fun will end with snow showers possible tomorrow night, but I noticed I just ticked over 6,650 miles so I'll be real close to 7,000 when it turns one year old in late March.......maybe by tomorrow :D

TMO Supporting Vendors