The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Got TracKey installed Friday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got the TK yesterday. Dealer gave it to me for free. Install cost $90 and I had a discount coupon for $35, so with tax it cost $60. That's a pretty good deal.

I'm loving the TK. The car is definitely more responsive, it feels more raw. Lopey idle doesn't always kick in and I'm not running with any accessories on. When it does kick in I love the sound of it. Could it be louder? Perhaps, but I'm happy with the way it is, just wish it would not come and go. Not sure why it does that.

I know the Shelby guys get pissed with anyone who says the Boss is the better car, but it is better.
It's quicker through the first several gears than the Shelby. My SVT mechanic agrees with me and he's driven plenty of Shelby's and driven them hard.
Of course I'm sure the 13 GT500 will be the new king.

But the number 1 thing I love about this car is how RAW it feels. I loved my Super Snake but this car just feels so much more raw when driving around the city. With the Shelby's and with my Super Snake you had to spool the SC up to get the same kind of feeling but then you were well over any legal speed limit. With the Boss I can stay in 2nd (and legal) and the car really does feel like a race car.

Congrats on the car and I agree with you on the "raw" driving feel. As for the lopey idle, I was told it will become more noticable with all accessories off and with ambient air temp higher. Guess I will find out in the spring/summer.

Enjoy the car!!

The temp here is pretty cool, it's probably around 40f. So hopefully that accounts for the hit or miss idle.

Whammer said:
I got the TK yesterday. Dealer gave it to me for free. Install cost $90 and I had a discount coupon for $35, so with tax it cost $60. That's a pretty good deal.

I'm loving the TK. The car is definitely more responsive, it feels more raw. Lopey idle doesn't always kick in and I'm not running with any accessories on. When it does kick in I love the sound of it. Could it be louder? Perhaps, but I'm happy with the way it is, just wish it would not come and go. Not sure why it does that.

I know the Shelby guys get pissed with anyone who says the Boss is the better car, but it is better.
It's quicker through the first several gears than the Shelby. My SVT mechanic agrees with me and he's driven plenty of Shelby's and driven them hard.
Of course I'm sure the 13 GT500 will be the new king.

But the number 1 thing I love about this car is how RAW it feels. I loved my Super Snake but this car just feels so much more raw when driving around the city. With the Shelby's and with my Super Snake you had to spool the SC up to get the same kind of feeling but then you were well over any legal speed limit. With the Boss I can stay in 2nd (and legal) and the car really does feel like a race car.
I like the write up yes the gt500 2013 will be the fastest but to agree with you I just dont care for a supercharger myself the heat they send into your motor is alot more then a lot of people understand I would rather hit a well built motor with nos when needed.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel