The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Grabber 350 "NRBRGRN" Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Really am a Blue fanatic , but I have always wavered because every GB Ford I saw growing up was a Maverick, ha!! My buddy Rob, in Omaha , got a GB Boss 302 and that started swaying me to the bright blue, and I have to admit all the high quality pics you have taken since you got your GT 350, grabbed me and put me over! Still love the shots of your beast and what a cool build. I guess now I can say I am blue through and through.
Yes, I know my Boss is white, but it is my other color preference , and many will notice there are a ton of blue highlights all over the car!

Truck -- Blue 2014 Ram
Viper - GTS Blue 2013 Launch Edition

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Damn, blue Viper, my wife would be all over that in a second!!

The Grabber really caught my eye when Ford released the first photos in late 2016, and the first time I saw the press car I was like "ok now i gotta have one, somehow..."
I wasn't around (in the US or even born for that matter) when Mavericks were around so anything Grabber Blue that I can remember is always a Mustang, usually a 69 Boss or something like that,so it had a pretty special place in my heart when it came to colours. Plus, my track car in Europe is blue also, there might be something there :p

I'll add some more photos in the next few days, I still haven't done another proper photoshoot since getting the R aero bits on it, or the buckets, or the carbon elements...

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Spent last SUnday at Grattan to finally do some laps with the car in 2020 ...
Everything went well, the new setup worked wonders, new pads (Carbotech XP12) were great all day long, the tire held up pretty well given the outside temps and the beating I was giving them playing catch-up with a couple of guys running GT3s on Cup2s. No chance to follow the fastest guy in my group, i gotta admit a Corvette on slicks is an absolute weapon on track!

Only issues of the day were the goPro not syncing with my external microphone so I've got no sound on the videos (gonna sell the GoPro anyway, I wanna try something else), and my AC belt flew off during the 3rd session of the day so I'll have to have this replaced (second time it happens...)

It's fun driving at Grattan, you get to see what your suspension can do :rolleyes:

117009309_2721853641426687_2834941763702307258_n.jpg

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
Nice. I always liked the back straight jump at Grattan!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
A couple shots from this weekend, looking for some new photo spots in Detroit. And for once the Shelby was clean :)

View attachment 57669

View attachment 57670
Those are great looking shots. I like the sepia tone look. Almost looks like you're out here in NorCal with all the wildfires making everything look sepia color all the time.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel