The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand Am Brakes for the Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm using stock front and rear rotors that have been spiral slotted and fronts also cryo treated (didn't think cryo was needed on the rears that do very little work). Currently have 11 track days on this setup and used Hawk and Pagid pads. Front rotors still look great with just a some spider web pattern on them. Rears still look new.

But I have no plans to turn my Boss into a track machine...I have a Porsche race car for that. My Boss is a weekend cruiser that sees a few days a year on track (driving it to and from the track). I'm trying to keep mods to a minimum and easily revertable to showroom stock. However, as it stands with these minimal mods and Yokohama AD-08 street tires it's about on par with a Porsche GT3 (non-cup, of course) and blows away Cayman S & R and most other non-cup 911s assuming driver skill is close.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
That must be Roketman's car due to the yellow frame! Those calipers/pads are the real deal! I can tell by the pad wear groove! Yeah baby!

Roketman--what is the PN information for that setup, and what is the approx cost?

Thanks!

ArizonaGT said:
That must be Roketman's car due to the yellow frame! Those calipers/pads are the real deal! I can tell by the pad wear groove! Yeah baby!

Roketman--what is the PN information for that setup, and what is the approx cost?

Thanks!
Yep he just needed a little help. The SOB can sure drive, but if you're trying to help him with his computer, let's just say you want to start with "Is the power switch turned on?" ;D

Those do look awesome. Are the offsets different so you have to use those rotors?

What ever happened to the Boss 302 brake upgrade kit rumored to be in the works? Hopefully there's something mid point between the Pro Kit and the stock calipers.

The brakes are a small fortune .I got them from Capaldi racing.They cost me 9500.That includes master cylinder,ABS module lines rotors and hardware.You still need to make some fittings.If you do this I can advise you on a few little things you need to deal with.The pads are very thick and should last a lot longer.The other thing is you no longer have Advance track.It is all in the drivers hands.I like this personally.But if you use the advance track mode this system is not for you.It is also not recommended for street use.It requires getting some heat in to the pads for them to work well.When I first drove the car ,I was like whooo no brakes! Once I bedded them in they where much better.
I am very eager to try them this Friday.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
roketman said:
The brakes are a small fortune .I got them from Capaldi racing.They cost me 9500.

Sweet baby Jesus! I'll just get the 302R HCU/module and call it a day.

I would like to change over to stainless steel brake lines. I see Gary is using Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided lines, but I am not finding these easily online. Any suggestions where to find these or other brands I should consider?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
http://www.revanracing.com/products/goodridge-2005-2010-mustang-gt-gt500-g-stop-high-performance-brake-lines.html

Do NOT get the Earl's brand, they do not have the OEM-style banjo bolt blocks.

SC BOSS said:
I've got the SAME brake calipers and rotors.. however I don't have the correct fittings/lines to run these on my boss.. can you post some photos of your Plumbing on these?/ Thanks.

Luke
Luke, I posted those for someone else that was having trouble getting photos on the site. A friend of mine has them and I'll ping him to post up.

Paging LS110!

SC BOSS said:
I've got the SAME brake calipers and rotors.. however I don't have the correct fittings/lines to run these on my boss.. can you post some photos of your Plumbing on these?/ Thanks.

Luke

Luke - The timing is good for some pic's as my wheels are off right now. I will take some photos tonight and post. I do not recall any plumbing issues/changes when I made the change a rear ago from my stock Boss calipers.

I've got the stainless goodridge lines rt now on the stock brembos. Looking at the race series brembos I have seems like I'll need a different banjo bolt or fitting or something. I really want to make sure I have what I need before taking off the stock calipers.

Looks like u straightened the hard line and just bolted them up. The goodrige stainless lines (and stock lines too for that matter) have a90 degree bend going into the caliper.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel