The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand-Am GS Homestead race March 4-5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwilson7 said:
The Boss's did quite well and if it wasn't for some bad luck for some of the Mustangs the top 10 would have had a few more Mustangs present. I guess that's racing though.

The BMW's still hold the advantage unfortunately........ Hopefully things will change at Barber next month.
The Mustangs received a restrictor plate while the BMWs are mandated a lower rev limit. Barber is going to be very interesting..

stuntman said:
The Mustangs received a restrictor plate while the BMWs are mandated a lower rev limit. Barber is going to be very interesting..
Restrictor plates and rev limiters? What is this Nascar racing? How much HP is lost with the plates?

5 DOT 0 said:
stuntman said:
Restrictor plates and rev limiters? What is this Nascar racing? How much HP is lost with the plates?
The old Ford Racing FR500C had a restrictor for quite a long time (and still does). The Camaros have a restrictor and now the BMWs and Honda Civics in ST. Grand-Am also limits the boost (raises and lowers as necessary) for Forced Induction cars. all in the name of trying to keep the racing close, and they do a decent job for the most part. But it's hard to make everyone happy.

ArizonaGT said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Any chance of a Boss get together at Laguna Seca in July?

In for this, already have my tickets to the race!

I'm down for it. I live in Morgan Hill so it's less than an hour to get there for me. I seriously doubt I'll have my Boss though since it's 3rd Q... :p

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Keep me posted on the details...might be bringing my buddy's coach out there from Phoenix...otherwise we will be rolling in my GT. Boss won't show up till Q4 :-/

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel