The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand-Am GS Round 8 at Laguna Seca July 8-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For round 8 Grand Am is heading to the famed Laguna Seca raceway July 8-9. For additional information please visit http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/event.cfm?series=k&eid=2378

Please note there will be a garage/tech tour of the #15 car immediately after Friday's qualifying at 4:30. Assuming the car doesn't get called into tech we will have the tour around that car. If it does get impounded we will find another one to talk around. Hope to see you guys there!

P.S. Ford holds a slight 2 point lead over BMW going into this event so lets hope that this lead can be increased at this event!

mwilson7 said:
Please note there will be a garage/tech tour of the #15 car immediately after Friday's qualifying at 4:30. Assuming the car doesn't get called into tech we will have the tour around that car. If it does get impounded we will find another one to talk around. Hope to see you guys there!

Wow, very cool. I wish I could be there to take advantage of this.

2012YellowBoss said:
Wow, very cool. I wish I could be there to take advantage of this.
I'll take photos and ask questions for you. ;)

Should be fun. We'll be at the track most of the day on Friday and all day on Saturday. I'm participating in the parade lap Saturday morning but my Boss won't be here in time so I'll drive my wife's car. The ETA on my Boss is 7/16 so I missed it by one week. :'(

My dad and I will be down on Friday in RR#733. You can tell it apart from all the other 2012 RR/BLK Bosses when you see the "12 BOSS" plates! ;D

It was a VERY nice day at the track and the track is running about 10-15 degrees warmer than Monterey. The Bosses were running quite well today so it should be a good weekend!

See everyone tomorrow.

Cool I'm going to be parking in the green lot, going in the South Boundary entrance. My dad and I will probably get there about 9:30 or so. I think I'll wear my black Shelby button up shop shirt.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
It is pretty cold for an az guy tonight. Thick fog as well. I hope it lifts by morning. We are the only people in general camping right now outside turn ten
mwilson7 said:
It was a VERY nice day at the track and the track is running about 10-15 degrees warmer than Monterey. The Bosses were running quite well today so it should be a good weekend!

See everyone tomorrow.

That's not fog I found out, that's the marine layer!

I haven't seen it lift in Carmel yet but I am assured it won't be an issue at the track......

I'm the one wearing the white Ford Racing button up shirt without the beard.

mwilson7 said:
That's not fog I found out, that's the marine layer!

I haven't seen it lift in Carmel yet but I am assured it won't be an issue at the track......

I'm the one wearing the white Ford Racing button up shirt without the beard.
Living in the valley we like a heavy marine layer in July. It helps keep us under 100 degrees. We are heading out for the 3+ hour drive in a few minutes. See you guys this afternoon.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Well the fog lifted (or marine layer) and it is GORGEOUS today. I am wearing a grey Boss302 shirt and a blue Sparco hat. Taking photos of rolex cars at corkscrew now :) see you gents in a bit

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Mark, thanks for meeting us and answering our questions about the street cars and the race cars. That eased many of my fears. Sorry I didn't participate too muchi in the afternoon but you already covered what I needed to know when I stopped by earlier. Good dry run! :)

Mark, thanks for spending time with us, it was very informative. Besides all the great info it was clear that you have great passion for what you do and I enjoyed hearing about the enthusiasm from the other Ford employees that work on all the Boss projects. my son thought it was cool being in the pits and said it was his best day ever!

It was nice meeting Drew, Andy and Chris as well. See you all tomorrow.

Good meeting you all as well! It was nice to put a face with the names.

Special thanks to Mark for the very thorough guided tour. I know I learned a great deal about my Boss. After talking with you I feel my favorite (and only in my family as you learned from my dad) car company is in good hands! True enthusiasts like you make the best cars and we're all grateful to have you and your team at the wheel.

Driving the corkscrew for the first time was pretty unreal. The second time through we hit it pretty much as fast as we wanted to given that we didn't have helmets on... I'm going to have to get out there for some open track someday. If you have never been to Laguna Seca it's hard to imagine how you get 300 feet of elevation change over a 2.238 mile track. I've been there many times over the years and played video games featuring the track on multiple gaming platforms and neither prepared me for the cliff known as the corkscrew. I'm surprised my dad didn't yell at me to slow down! ;D

Mark schooling us on all that is Boss.
DSC02309.jpg

Mark explaining how big the exhaust valves are... ;D Or was it the amount of room he has left in his garage? :D
DSC02306.jpg

Here's some pics of the cars for all y'all to see.
DSC02169.jpg
DSC02172.jpgDSC02183.jpg

DSC02186.jpg
DSC02188.jpg
DSC02192.jpg

MMmmm. Cammer!
DSC02191.jpg
DSC02197.jpg
DSC02194.jpg
DSC02201.jpg

DSC02202.jpg

And the requisite video. Handheld by my dad... who missed the first lap??? How do you miss it? You're sitting in the car... ::) [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiC4oi8pOHM[/youtube]

Thanks for the report and photos, guys! Any new and interesting things about the Boss and/or Boss 302R you can share? To be honest, I would love to know more details about the race cars. Don't know why. :p

Good luck to the Bosses this weekend!

Jimmy

TMO Supporting Vendors