The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand-Am GS Round 9 at NJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry I am tardy on this one but we were quite busy prepping cars for a number of events.

Results of the New Jersey event can be found at http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/event.cfm?series=k&eid=2379

This event will be televised on Jul 30, 3:00 PM ET, SPEED

Awesome! Thanks again for the tour at Laguna. I took my #733 out to Autocross racing today. It was a blast and the Boss was a hit with the guys!

Andy (and dad)

IMG_1304.jpg

Thanks for the update, what happened to the Multimatic team? I was busy this week working on my car. It's everything I hoped it would be and then some. ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
Thanks for the update, what happened to the Multimatic team? I was busy this week working on my car. It's everything I hoped it would be and then some. ;D

Unfortunately they were put into the wall on the front straight by a camaro......

"Unfortunately they were put into the wall on the front straight by a camaro......"

Mulimatic has been having a string of bad luck lately. At least they have some time to piece together a car for the last race.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
mwilson7 said:
5 DOT 0 said:

Unfortunately they were put into the wall on the front straight by a camaro......

Watched it on SPEED yesterday. That was a hard hit... and totally unnecessary. The Multimatic car was limping on the right side of the track... plenty of room to go around... and the Camaro tagged him in the rear sending him into the wall. Driver looked pretty shaken... but walked away.

GA
That was a brutal race. The final one at Mid-Ohio next month should be one to remember since the championship is still up for grabs.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
What's the story on the Multimatic car dropping cylinder(s)? Was that just a byproduct of cobbling the car together quickly for the race or some other issue?

Billy's not jumping ship....he's just gaining experience. As Ford doesn't compete in GT there is no conflict of interest.

We are still root causing the issue on the Multimatic #15. It is not something that a customer with a stock car would ever experience.

mwilson7 said:
We are still root causing the issue on the Multimatic #15. It is not something that a customer with a stock car would ever experience.

I can understand that but it would still be nice to know what happened if you can pass that on when you know.

TMO Supporting Vendors