The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand Am Ohio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I guess no changes were made to the rules before this weekend at Mid-Ohio? The Mustangs are still suck in the middle of the pack, like many others races so far this year. Roush cars turning the best times, showing in 11th and 12th. Racers Edge no. 05 car is looking good posting second best Mustang times for the two practice sessions. That is a brand new re-build coming off an accident at the last race, good job there.

Even if changes are made, at this point there is little hope for a Mustang championship this year.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
They got +2mm allowance in restrictor size. From 55mm TO 57mm.

Full comparison of all cars' "performance offsets" (courtesy of Roush #61 driver Billy Johnson):

240767_10151712190222174_1184442920_o.jpg

I guess a whole two MM's was not enough, need to look up about the weight also. There was talk of weight and the restrictor changing but no revs. At least there were three Mustangs in the top 10, been a while since we have seen that as far as I can remember.

Not to change the subject but I didn't see it mentioned on the forum...

I'd like to mention what a great job Billy Johnson did in the Nationwide race at Road America last weekend. Running with the leaders until a pit lane speed penalty put him way back. then he ran his Mustang back to the front and had a good shot at the win until he got spun out on turn five in the closing laps.

A terrific drive!

ArizonaGT said:
The 302Rs got 500 RPMs back post-Ohio, rev limit now 8000 again.

I just heard there was a change made after the Ohio race. Maybe the Mustangs can run in the top five now.

Badhorse said:
Not to change the subject but I didn't see it mentioned on the forum...

I'd like to mention what a great job Billy Johnson did in the Nationwide race at Road America last weekend. Running with the leaders until a pit lane speed penalty put him way back. then he ran his Mustang back to the front and had a good shot at the win until he got spun out on turn five in the closing laps.

A terrific drive!

There is no doubt that Billy is one of the best out there!

Well wet practice sessions will not tell us how the Mustangs will run this weekend but the number 51 was second fastest in the second session. It was over two seconds slower the the top car due to changing conditions. The Phoenix Boss was in the top ten both sessions, secondin the first session

Lets hope we can finally see a Mustang running up front or even getting more then five seconds on camera this weekend!

YellowBoss said:
Well wet practice sessions will not tell us how the Mustangs will run this weekend but the number 51 was second fastest in the second session. It was over two seconds slower the the top car due to changing conditions. The Phoenix Boss was in the top ten both sessions, secondin the first session

Lets hope we can finally see a Mustang running up front or even getting more then five seconds on camera this weekend!

+1

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
YellowJacketBoss302 said:
Any live coverage of today's race (TV, radio, or on-line)?

SPEED2.com at 3pm eastern, if your cable provider is supported

TMO Supporting Vendors