The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand-Am question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was hoping someone could help me understand something.

In the 2013 season the Boss 302's came out with more top 10 finishes then the Camaro's did, yet Chevrolet has more Manufacturer points. Why is that?

To be honest I have no idea what I am looking at here or what the answer to your question is. I am guessing that these are the tracks but I don't know what the numbers mean

http://www.grand-am.com/Standings/ContinentalTire/manufacturer.aspx

Sean said:
I was hoping someone could help me understand something.

In the 2013 season the Boss 302's came out with more top 10 finishes then the Camaro's did, yet Chevrolet has more Manufacturer points. Why is that?

Maths. ;)

1st -35 points
2nd -32 points
3rd -30 points
4th -28 points
5th -26 points
6th -25 points
7th -24 points
8th -23 points
9th -22 points
10th -21 points
11th -20 points
12th -19 points
13th -18 points
14th -17 points
15th -16 points
16th -15 points
17th-14 points
18th -13 points
19th -12 points
20th -11 points
21th -10 points
22th -9 points
23th -8 points
24th -7 points
25th -6 points
26th -5 points
27th -4 points
28th -3 points
29th -2 points
30th -1 point

Each team had two 1st place finishes, but Chevy had three 2nd place finishes to Ford's one. And so on.

1 2 (cos(ax−bx)−cos(ax+bx))−k 2 (cos(ax+bx)+cos(ax−bx))=−1
(1−k)cos(ax−bx)−(1+k)cos(ax+bx)=−2
sin(ax)sin(bx) - kcos(ax)cos(bx) + 1 = 0
sin(ax) [ sin(bx) - {kcos(ax)cos(bx)}/sin(ax) + 1/sin(ax) ] = 0
sin(bx) - kcsc(ax)cos(bx) + cot(ax) = 0
tan(bx) + cot(ax)sec(ax) = kcsc(ax)

I was trying to use math Jimmy to figure out how long it took you to write that post. Then I got bored and decided to write 8008 on the calculator and look at it upside down but before I did that I guessed at 28.736 minutes - unless of course you did a copy and paste and that would be a variable - and I can't figure those out. Well maybe but then the little I have learned about a decreasing radius would go right out my left ear, no wait right ear.

OOOOOOOO I see now. Thank You for the help
hi.gif

Now I feels like the stupid lol

TMO Supporting Vendors