The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand Am Round #1 Daytona Speedway 1/27

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that, Scott.

Considering how cheap and easy it is to hook up a GoPro (or similar) camera, I wish more teams would record and share videos like this.

steveespo said:
What data logging system are they using for the video/logging combination?
Don't know for certain but I would guess AIM for logging over layed on GoPro vids.

Berol said:
Considering how cheap and easy it is to hook up a GoPro (or similar) camera, I wish more teams would record and share videos like this.

Yes, it would be nice to see more. I know it helps looking at different braking points and seeing how it affects lap times. I know we spoke about the infield left bend and I felt better seeing how much they lift there. That turn does not look like much but it can be tough. Seeing the Bus Stop from TV's point of view is also a trip, it looks big but when you drive there it feels like only 20 feet deep.

Hope you can make it out there this year, something you will never forget. The HOD event would be a good safe start.

2012YellowBoss said:
steveespo said:
What data logging system are they using for the video/logging combination?
Don't know for certain but I would guess AIM for logging over layed on GoPro vids.

Berol said:

Yes, it would be nice to see more. I know it helps looking at different braking points and seeing how it affects lap times. I know we spoke about the infield left bend and I felt better seeing how much they lift there. That turn does not look like much but it can be tough. Seeing the Bus Stop from TV's point of view is also a trip, it looks big but when you drive there it feels like only 20 feet deep.

Hope you can make it out there this year, something you will never forget. The HOD event would be a good safe start.

yeah, the HOD event is my goal. I might make a couple of track days before that one, but I'm really banking on making Daytona for sure.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
2012YellowBoss said:
Miller's run pre-race

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMu3gL_GL4[/youtube]

and the whole race from the Miller Boss 302R

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVtVYdAHyhA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4WOSu9rtLY[/youtube]

Good Finds.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts