The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand Am Round #1 Daytona Speedway 1/27

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwilson7 said:
Anyone coming?
No but I already have hotel reservations for LS in September.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
I know Brian from AST is there (along with Stuart and Piet). I have two BMWCCA friends that are there (my prior life) and will be drooling over the Ford offerings (they are used to following me on track... only now the distance is greater ;) ).

Ya'll have fun, be safe and win!

I'm here Mark. I'm just so darn busy I have not been able to get down to your garage and say hello. :-[ I will though.

Mark

Unfortunately, no. Couldn't get the day off.

I enjoyed being there for the test session, and will be there for the 24 hour race on Saturday/Sunday.

Good luck to all of the 302R teams!

Will be there in a little while joined by another local Boss owner. I will stop by and say hi Mark (Badhorse).

Dan too bad you could not get the day off, I am not staying for the 24Hr race. Maybe we will catch up on track at Sebring someday ;D

"Ryan Dalziel speaks to the media after winning the pole for the 50th Anniversary Rolex 24 At Daytona.
PrintEmail Share
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Qualifying for the 50th Anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona produced an upset with the No. 8 Starworks Motorsport Ford Riley capturing the pole for the twice-around-the-clock challenge at Daytona International Speedway.

Ryan Dalziel of Orlando turned a fast lap of 126.741 mph on the twists and turns of the 3.56-mile road course. Rounding out the front row for the Rolex 24 was the No. 10 SunTrust Racing Corvette with driver Max Angelelli, who posted a speed of 126.590 mph.

“I’m a little bit surprised,” Dalziel said. “I thought the Chevys were going to be the cars to beat and I think they are going to be the cars to beat but we put together a really good lap.”

Go Ford!!!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors