The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand Am Round #2 Barber Motorsports Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here are a few shots from Friday and Saturday at Barber.
There are many more here:
http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff443/yellowjacketboss302/Barber%20Rolex%202012/

"rubbin's racin"
JCM_8110.jpg

makes the pass
JCM_8111.jpg

oops!
JCM_8103.jpg

Indy car in the rain
JCM_8032.jpg

JCM_7924.jpg

JCM_7916.jpg

JCM_7900.jpg

JCM_7868.jpg

GA
I had a great time watching the races and walking the paddock. My friend got there a little late so we missed the pit walk before the Porshe 250, but we did the one before the Conti Sports Car Challenge (or should I say Conti Sports Car Caution- 76 cars registered and they didn't stop slamming into each other until over an hour into the race). It was a little hot and we were chased out by a severe thunderstorm in the last 1/2 hour of the second race, but overall a nice day.

I found the Indian statue- that's where we're camping next year with some chairs and a big cooler. ;D

I can't wait to go back and drive it later this year.

Here is the full album. I will post my pit walk video later.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/BullittGA/2012-%20Barber%20Grand%20Am/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

DSCN3463.jpg

DSCN3467.jpg

DSCN3469.jpg

DSCN3485.jpg

DSCN3491.jpg

DSCN3503.jpg

DSCN3508.jpg

DSCN3526.jpg

DSCN3529.jpg

DSCN3510.jpg

DSCN3563.jpg

GA
mwilson7 said:
Unfortunately I won't be at the race but we will have three Engineerings helping out.

Unless I missed something, I was pretty disappointed that Ford or Ford Racing did not come out to support the fans. All of the other manufacturers had hospitality tents and displays.

Thanks for the great pictures guys. I see you both got some shots of the 59, don't know if you had a chance to meet Rich, if so you know he is a super nice guy. Looks like they were having a great run until the very end when a drive shaft broke. Did you get to meet any of the other drivers? Other guys like Roger Miller are also very approachable and they are willing to show you around the cars. It is too bad Mark could not make it, I have learned a lot from him but understand he can not make it every event.

I should have taken the ride and think next year I will put this on my schedule. I'm sure TV can't capture the sight of 74 cars on a shorter track like seeing it live does. Too bad I missed this one, doubt we will ever see a Chevy finish in the top ten again ;D

fuhrius said:
I really like the wings on those cars. Is that the steeda street wing?
Yep and they have a new one out as well. Check their website.

GA
2012YellowBoss said:
I should have taken the ride and think next year I will put this on my schedule. I'm sure TV can't capture the sight of 74 cars on a shorter track like seeing it live does. Too bad I missed this one, doubt we will ever see a Chevy finish in the top ten again ;D

You have to see Barber at least once- it is one of the most beautiful facilities in the country (and world some say). I am thinking about coming down for the Daytona 24 next year.

Here is my pit walk video just before the CSCC:
http://vimeo.com/39681134

Joe BOSS said:
So are those 2013s with the 2012 stripes? Weird.

They are 2012's fitted with 2013 front fascia and rear tail lights. Notice the rocker panels are not painted.

Form the Grand Am Rules for the Boss 302R:
Permitted replacement components
1. One piece drive shaft, part number M-XXXX-X, fordmotorsport.com
2. Permitted mono-ball in front upper third link mount. Available through Multimatic Motorsports, Inc.
3. Front rotor 355 mm.
4. Front caliper upgrade per rules.
5. Permitted ABS part number 7FRT-2C353-AA Multimatic Motorsports, Inc. Phone 905-470-0025.
6. Rear wing 605-SW100 with pedestal modification and mounting shims by Multimatic. (Mounting to be at same angle of attack as 2005 Mustang) supplied by Multimatic, phone 905.470.0025
7. Permitted Boss front grill as produced for road car.
8. Permitted alternate connecting rod. (Manley Part # 14318)
9. Permitted 2013 Boss 302 front fascia part# DR33-16C928-AAW, hood part# DR33-16612-AG and rear taillight panel part# DR33-13B504-AC, DR33-13B505-AC and associated components and hardware. 2013 Boss 302 lower front “spoiler” or “splitter” 17626A, must be replaced with GT lower front “spoiler” or “splitter” 17A989.

2012YellowBoss said:
Thanks for the great pictures guys. I see you both got some shots of the 59, don't know if you had a chance to meet Rich, if so you know he is a super nice guy. Looks like they were having a great run until the very end when a drive shaft broke. Did you get to meet any of the other drivers? Other guys like Roger Miller are also very approachable and they are willing to show you around the cars. It is too bad Mark could not make it, I have learned a lot from him but understand he can not make it every event.

Thanks Scott. I did not get to meet any of the drivers. The teams seemed pretty busy when I went by and I did not do the fan walk. Do try to come up next year. It is a beautiful track.

So you want to race your Boss in GS?

http://vimeo.com/39577116

:eek:

the link is to in car from the start of the race as well as the second restart.

mwilson7 said:

Yep I do. As long as I'm the driver and not the owner..... Jeepers!!! :eek:

GA
mwilson7 said:

They didn't listen to me. I told them during my pit walk to remember that nobody wins the race in Turn 1. :D

TMO Supporting Vendors