The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand Am, Watkins Glen.Baaazzzing! Phoenix performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix Performance finished 8th place, the highest finishing mustang. Had tons of rain, a Mazda took out the pit entrance, a Roush mustang and a Porsche flipped. Ran slicks, wets, slicks, finished on some "special" wets we had saved up for the occaison. Unfortunately I need to get the number to the Grand Am and send them a new green flag becuase I think they lost theirs. We were in a great spot and the yellow just went on and on and on..until there was time for only one lap. Just to show you how hooked up the car and Andrew were he went from 12th to 8th on the last lap and there was plenty more where that came from, just not enough time. Grand Am also gave us 500 rpm.

It was a crazy race.... we changed tires four times.... Rain came and went.. long cautions...

Grand Am is getting more like nascar... they don't like racing in the rain... So now we have socialized racing.... With 20 minutes to go we have the rain tires on and ready to race, but grand am fiddles and waits for the rain to go away... One more lap and its top 3 or so...

Just one of them that racing deals i guess...

Great job by the crew keeping up with all of the tire changes!!!

Looking at the speed trap mph, it looks like our car is a little down on power, three hp less than the other mustangs and 6 mph less than the bmw's... Faster in the turn segments... I guess we have to work on more hp!!!

Congratulations and I know there's a podium finish waiting out there for you.

Who's who in the photo?
IMG_5131.jpg
062813_WGI_BC_15708.jpg
062813_WGI_BC_15725.jpg

PhoenixBoss302 said:
http://phoenixperformance-news.com/a-solid-finish-for-phoenix-performance-in-treacherous-conditions-at-watkins-glen-photo-gallery/

A link to some pics from the Grand Am race at the glen...

Thank you for sharing...

Sweet ride..

Fun for the whole family.

Kindest regards,

VTBoss302

Congratulations and I know there's a podium finish waiting out there for you.

Who's who in the photo?

From the left...
Alex: AKA "Alex" 18 year old, (kart champ, open wheel driver) first time at pit stops..never missed a beat
Rob: AKA "Blacksheep-1" tire guy, taking notes and, trying to stay ahead of the curve
Andrew: AKA "The Phoenixville Flash", primary driver/ engineer of Phoenix racing
Dave: AKA "Gus", truck driver and jackman

PhoenixBoss302 said:
It was a crazy race.... we changed tires four times.... Rain came and went.. long cautions...

I was told they did eight changes on the 78 trying to keep up :eek: Great pics from the race, the 13 tail lights look really cool in the rain.

TMO Supporting Vendors