The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand am Watkins Glen Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Except near the end...when one flipped on its' roof and the team mate nearly ran into him. Bad enough when the orange bimmer t-boned him. But I agree...they sure looked racy....too bad the weather didn't cooperate.

Wayne

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Actually I think the weather really helped them, until the rain really got going; the Roush cars' super-soft setups are well-suited to damp conditions--which is where you really saw them move up to the front. But yes they had some unfortunate circumstances once the track went from damp to full-on wet. :-/

it was a great race to watch.. unfortunate towards the end for the roush guys!! would've been a great race to be at in person!! Can't wait for a track day at the glen!

Anybody know which spoiler/wings they use? Like the one on Shelby Blackstocks car and a couple of the other mustangs? I'm adding aero to my boss before VIR in September and trying to decide on this spoiler of the LS spoiler.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
SC BOSS said:
Anybody know which spoiler/wings they use? Like the one on Shelby Blackstocks car and a couple of the other mustangs? I'm adding aero to my boss before VIR in September and trying to decide on this spoiler of the LS spoiler.

Steeda 05-09 race wing with spacers to fit the trunk.

SC BOSS said:

here is the link to the spoiler. https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4579.msg70960#msg70960

I was at the race and it was great, other than the finish. I think the drivers forgot or don't know that it can be pouring rain at one end of the track and dry and sunny at the other. The roush cars were running strong and I thought that could have won it, until the mayhem in turn 6!

Well OUR Mustang was hooked up 6 ways to Sunday in the rain, when the starter finally brought out the green we went from 12th to 8th in the final lap, we saved a special set of tires just for this occasion then they wouldn't throw the green until about a minute to go.

TMO Supporting Vendors