The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Great Customer Service Experience: Redline Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Here is a story of a great customer service experience I recently had...

After dragging my feet for a while I ordered a set of the Redline Tuning Elite hood struts for the R from American Muscle. As it turns out they were on back order and took 2 weeks to ship. They drop shipped from Redline and I was already a little ticked that it took so long. I pop the hood on the car and go to start my install, only to be disappointed again by the wrong part. I was sent the Plus model instead of the Elite I paid for. :frusty:

I got on the horn with American Muscle (AM) and the first person I talked to wasn't super knowledgeable about the parts, but was willing to help. I can work with that. I got off the phone after being told that I indeed had the right part, but decided to do a little more research first. After looking at the parts and packaging a little further I confirmed that they were indeed the wrong model. I called AM back to start the refund process only to find out they had no ETA for the Elite version that was now on back order. I said screw it and decided to send these back for a refund.

The packaging showed the struts drop shipped from Redline so I decided to check with them about the parts availability, and see if they had a remedy. I checked Redline's web page and couldn't find a direct number to call. I prefer the old school method of talking to a live person and not email communications, but I filled out their contact form and left it at that. I was going to drop the struts off at UPS for the return but got busy at work. At the end of the day I had an email from the owner of Redline (Brian) saying he saw my order, apologized for the mishap, and would send me the Elite struts free of charge. Brian even told me to keep the other set I had and just reuse the hardware!

Needless to say I was very pleased with this news and within a few hours had a new shipping notification from them. My inability to send back the set I had due to being busy this morning worked out perfectly. I thanked Brian again for his customer service/generosity and sent him a few pics of the car. He asked for a few more pics he might use on the web page at some point too!

All in all a great interaction and I have been very pleased with their products in the past. Would definitely give them my money again.

TMO Supporting Vendors