The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Great price on GoPro HD Motorsports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like my Go Pro camera, but struggle with getting the sound right. When I film outside the car going over 40 MPH, I find the wind noise too much. I tried filming with foam in the camera case and I still have noise, not as much without foam, but still noise. It doesn't sound nearly as clear as the films on GoPro's website. Not sure how they do it.

If you solve this problem, let me know.

GA
I had the same problem until I removed the round lens cover on the case (the camera must be mounted inside the car).

Here is a re-post of what I recommend when using the GoPro:

If a GoPro, try using the suction cup mount and mount the camera upside down; place the suction cup just to the right of the rear view mirror mount and just below the window decal (the cup won't hold on the decal). You'll have to find the right combination of pivot parts so that the camera pivots toward you when upside down. There is a setting on the camera for mounting upside down so that the video comes out right. Also, when inside take the little round lens cover off of the case and you will hear more of the glorius engine sounds. 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors