The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Great shop for JRi shock/strut service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just wanted everyone to know about a great shop I found for JRi shock/strut service. My new friend Shane at Competitive Suspension in the Amish country up in Terre Hill, PA. Shane has a little garage shop and services primarily the drag race community but he is a JRi dealer and has direct contact with the manufacturer in North Carolina. I fractured the upper shaft on my DA strut and a friend told me about Shane. He was only 45 min from my home.
Cortex told me I would be waiting at least a month and was looking at about $1,000+ with shipping. I would have missed the last two events this season. Shane took my strut apart in 5 min, called down to NC, confirmed the new shaft was available and had it repaired with new bushings in less than two weeks. Cost was under $500. Just another option for those running Penske or JRi units.

Comp Susp.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors