The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Great Track day, and delighted to be getting a AED tune soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Had a great weekend at the track, no podiums, but running with the big boys now. Going to need more grip and Hp looks like. Only car with less HP then me is a 2009 Ex NASA spec Iron S197. Two seconds is a bit much to ask.... but maybe I can bump my buddies Camaro for third place.

upload_2017-4-10_22-4-9.png

Had good news today, I sent Shaun @AED a recent log of my present tune and he agreed to tune my car. Looking forward to having a more track oriented tune. I was off his list for a while as being a high risk due to some wanky logs, dodgy fuel and dead O2 sensor.

Now All I need is the car at 425 rwhp and some 18x11 wheels. And maybe loose another 100 lbs somewhere.......

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Good news on the upcoming AED Tune, and where will you start in shaving weight?

Glad to read about your successful track weekend running with the big dawgs.

All the Best,
2HP

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Good news on the upcoming AED Tune, and where will you start in shaving weight?

Glad to read about your successful track weekend running with the big dawgs.

All the Best,
2HP

Thanks!! Probably start right around my waist!!! easy 10lbs!! Am at 3333lbs now (the car, no me), I was thinking about some Outlaw Hushpowers and a lighter battery to start with.... I should take out the A/C but I really like blasting cold air after a track session in plus 90F

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Good job, you aren't far off the pace, bigger wheels and tires will help the grip and an AED road race tune will help the power. Like you said go after weight, I know you love the A/C but there is a significant amount of weight 35-40 lbs if you pull the compressor, condenser, lines and under dash components. Also the battery will get you another 15 lbs. 50 lbs is almost a 1.75% reduction mostly off the front, 10 lbs off of the driver due to no A/C will also help ;-)

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have the piggy bank saving away for the 18x11 wheels with 315/30-18 R7s. Following up on the light battery options and maybe a set of GT500 rear exhausts to lose another 10lbs. I will wait till I get a trailer before removing the A/C.... One of my tracks is 7 hours away..in summer that would be murder. It gets hot down here! With 1/2 tank the car currently weighs 3333lbs, so I could get it down 3308 relatively easily, a less with the Apex wheels. 3300 If a lay off the BBQ's

I caved in and got a used Airaid CAI at a good price. I asked Shaun (AED) what he thought of the 84.5mm accufab TB and he said its good for another 7 to 9hp over the Airaid CAI... That could get me close to the 425hp goal I was hoping for. Looks like I cant afford the CJ setup this season, and I really want to beat the camaros at least...

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I hope sooner!!! I am at 403rwhp now with just the Kooks longtubes, xpipe and Lund Tune. I have them catted mainly because I am pretty close to the sound limit of 95db at 6000rpm and its still a road legal car. I hope that with the AED tune, Airaid CAI and a 84.5mm TB.... should be around 425 or am I too optimistic?? 22hp for tune, cai and TB.....

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I can't say for sure with that combination.

But CJ intake, Kooks LTs w/ offroad pipes, AED tune seems to be good for at least 440whp

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I know... the cj kit would be the best way to go. But its just to expensive right now. Need the money for the 315s on apex wheels. I pay another 40% extra in taxes, shipping and duties..:(

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
@Mad Hatter - Here's my dyno for 2014 with the Airaid CAI and FRPP 84.5 TB - Red Key and Silver Key only. This was at altitude (Mile High) but before my header install. Just to give you some idea of what the tune will have bring to the party.

DYNO%20-%20RWR%20Dyno%202-15-14_zpshoyjvmbs.jpg

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
@Mad Hatter - Here's my dyno for 2014 with the Airaid CAI and FRPP 84.5 TB - Red Key and Silver Key only. This was at altitude (Mile High) but before my header install. Just to give you some idea of what the tune will have bring to the party.

DYNO%20-%20RWR%20Dyno%202-15-14_zpshoyjvmbs.jpg
Cool, thanks! Thats very heartening to here.. With the kooks i should be close to my goal.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Those are nice numbers TS. It will be interesting to see your new numbers after you installed the Kooks SS headers.

302 HP

TMO Supporting Vendors