The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grill Induction Scoop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Port St Lucie, Florida
There are enlarged front grill air scoop products available that purport to force feed the CAI with an added benefit that they avoids the intake of warm air backwashed from the radiator. On the face, this looks like an attractive alternative to the seemingly constricted inlet of my Roush CAI However, it was recently mentioned to me that these inlets have a tendency to produce vortices that actually disrupt the flow of air to the CAI.

Can anyone here speak to a knowledge and/or experience with these products?

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Just anecdotal, I had a 2008 GT and there was a cold air intake that went straight off the throttle body and placed the air cleaner element right under the front of the hood, clear of the radiator, some owners had air/fuel problems that they could get tuned out and problem went away with a different intake. Vorshlag's Red S197 seemed fine with its element out front but they ran a much longer intake tube and they also pulled all intake and radiator from under the bumper and had the grill blocked off.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Port St Lucie, Florida
Just anecdotal, I had a 2008 GT and there was a cold air intake that went straight off the throttle body and placed the air cleaner element right under the front of the hood, clear of the radiator, some owners had air/fuel problems that they could get tuned out and problem went away with a different intake. Vorshlag's Red S197 seemed fine with its element out front but they ran a much longer intake tube and they also pulled all intake and radiator from under the bumper and had the grill blocked off.
Thanks sharing this.

TMO Supporting Vendors