The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grippier tires in OEM sizes? Any recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was just reading up on the new GT3 Porsche and they've started using Dunlop Sport Maxx tires on them.

I wasn't a big fan of Dunlop when I was running their tires on my old show car (we were sponsored). But I don't know anyone who's using the newer Sport Maxx GT tires. Might be worth it, if they're good enough for the GT3 I mean.

So I went with the Comp 2's, 275/40's up front and the stock 285/35's in the rear. I had read a lot of reviews about noise but with our cars I think it would take truck tires to hear them over the engine. I think they handle great and I didn't notice any difference in the ride. Hopefully I can get it on the freeway this weekend and see how she handles on some tight onramps. Just over $1,100 installed.

racered302 said:
Hows the turn lock to turn lock? Any rubbing?

So I have been driving around LA for a week now with the new BFG's and I love the feel of the tires. Have hit plenty of high speed turns and don't notice anything I can complain about. Does not seem to rub at all with the wider size up front. I would recommend these for all of you other broke daily drivers out there that can't afford the originals.

I do. It took some adjusting so the stock tire's didn't rub. I thought about going with a wider size up front but I don't want it to rub. Might not really matter much because I don't parallel park vary often.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
WorldFamousZ said:
I was just reading up on the new GT3 Porsche and they've started using Dunlop Sport Maxx tires on them.

I wasn't a big fan of Dunlop when I was running their tires on my old show car (we were sponsored). But I don't know anyone who's using the newer Sport Maxx GT tires. Might be worth it, if they're good enough for the GT3 I mean.

Michelin super sports 265/40-19 front 295/35-19 back almost exact stock heights and a awesome street tire that will do the track as well. As far as the Sport Maxx have you priced them they are nose bleed expensive, you could buy a second set of wheels with tires for what they are asking.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel