The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ground Control CC plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys. I came across these: http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=913/CA=116
and wanted to know if anyone has had any dealings with them? If so, what are your impressions? I have an email out to them asking why they are "one of a kind". I'm just trying to make the most informed purchase I can.
GroundContolCCplate.jpg

Bay Area
I am assuming they are saying one of a kind because its a new design by GC. I have the same set but I havent installed them in my car as of yet. They are a good quality part and a direct bolt in.
I am just waiting for the time to install my full set-up I have from them.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
In that photo, I do not see a spherical bearing of any sort (although it could be covered by that cad/zinc plated washer). It also looks like it relies on OEM sized (5.5") coil springs. The larger springs will limit the amount of negative camber you can achieve as the inside of the strut tower is only so big. I also do not see any manner of caster adjustment.

My questions would be:

1. What bearing(s) are you using for the plate for range of movement(s)
2. Is the plate upgradable to 2.5" or 60mm springs
3. Is there caster adjustment
4. What is the stack height? Will I get any addition or subtraction in front ride height with this setup?

These appear to be marketed to street type users to give them a bit more camber than what you can get stock as well as keep NVH at bay (rubber spring isolator).

Ok John. I asked them the questions you recommended and here are their responses:
The stock upper mount is rubber, so it has been hard to keep at the same angle for pics, but here is a prelimnary pic showing where the spring on the GC is compared to stock LATE STYLE S197 Mustang.
You can compare this to the pics that other people have posted of the Vorshlag compared to stock, and the MAX Motor compared to stock.
1. Street cars use a proprietary preloaded bushing arrangement, the race plates use custom Aurora bearings (mil-spec, can be documnented)
2. yes or 60mm springs
3. yes, without removing the plate, the caster can be adjusted to meet factory specs.
4. See pic. Front ride height will be the same as stock.
mustang-stackheight-truth_zps941473a4.jpg

This guy seems to really be into customer service, much more so than Vorshlag. He has returned every email quickly and with a LOT of info/pics. Anybody see any reason for me to not go with them?

Well, I'm going to go ahead and purchase these. They only sell the 11+ S197 CC plates on their website but they do give a military discount and maybe a forum one too, FYI.
Thanks for the input guys.

LindsayEOD said:
Well, I'm going to go ahead and purchase these. They only sell the 11+ S197 CC plates on their website but they do give a military discount and maybe a forum one too, FYI.
Thanks for the input guys.

Please document the installation process for us and a review. Looks like something I might want to do over the winter. Good to hear about the discounts. Thanks!

GC is known in the japanese car market pretty well.
i know a couple of guys who track miatas use their products, as well as hondas.

i believe they also sell 60mm springs, if you guys ever wanted to tune your suspension.

I was wondering if anyone has installed these plates yet and could give a review? Also, is the 10% discount a BMO forum discount or the military discount?

cp85gt said:
I was wondering if anyone has installed these plates yet and could give a review? Also, is the 10% discount a BMO forum discount or the military discount?
I haven't been able to install yet but will post up a review when I do. The discount was military but give them a call, I'm sure they will work something out for you.

TMO Supporting Vendors