The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Group Buy: DTCMS Carbon Fiber/Leather Steering Wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Ok ladies and gents. I was able to setup a group buy with the DCT Motor Sports carbon fiber and leather RS550 steering wheel. I think you will be pleased with the price break and quality. I personally have the carbon fiber and leather option and love it. This steering wheel is a totally new design with larger flat bottom, thicker top grip, and contoured side grips. Materials are real carbon fiber and perforated leather. I originally had no intent on replacing the OEM wheel in the GT350R, but this is one of those things you do not really appreciate until you get your hands on it. Plus I enjoy the freedom of not worrying about wear/tear on the alcantara setup.

Sugar_Mill_R_039_s_8_of_8.jpg
Sugar_Mill_R_039_s_1_of_8.jpg
DCTMS_GT350_R_Steering_Wheel_17.jpg

Group buy will have two options that I will list below. All payments will be handled via PayPal as it is a much easier process. All payments will occur between you and DCT Motor Sports. This pricing is good for the first 20 carbon fiber models sold, and the first 15 all leather pieces. Post up if you are interested and I will gather your specific order info via PM and send it in a spreadsheet to DCT Motor Sports. They will send you a detailed invoice from PayPal and then all your dreams will come true in roughly 45 days. The company is based in CA so sales tax will apply for some.

Once we have reached the maximum number of participants I will close the group buy. DCT Motor Sports can build you almost any option of steering wheel colors/materials such as alcantara, but those are not available at the group buy price. If you are interested in that route let me know and I can get you setup. Installation took me approximately 1 hour and a link to the details with pics is at the bottom. All your OEM components swap over. Best part is there will be NO CORE REQUIRED!

Option 1 - 30 Maximum CLOSED
-Carbon fiber top & leather side/bottom hybrid steering wheel
- List price: $599
- Group Buy Price: $450 Shipped + CA tax if applicable
-Available in white, red, orange, yellow, gray and dark blue
-Center stripe and stitching colors can be mixed/matched

1) Dtmaso
2) RamiGT500
3) Sweetchuck1983
4) Fordpowered
5) Juruki
6) Hollywood
7) Kavya
8) Jeff Lightning Blue S550
9) Boston23
10) bmlad10
11) 8251rpm
12) jasduke
13) Timemachine
14) Got Boost
15) Guzula
16) InTheHighDesert
17) Bender
18) Kommons
19) livewire2003
20) Boomer350
21) Thetoh_stang
22) Ven0r
23) Jeremy@Austin
24) Armym3
25) DevilDocAZ
26) Socalrugger
27) Docsean
28) kw_rc
29) Hotlap
30) 17rubyshelbygt350

DCTMS_S550_carbon_red.jpg
DCTMS_S550_carbon_white.jpg
DCTMS_S550_carbon_yellow.jpg
DSC_1149.jpg
DSC_1145.jpg
DSC_1144.jpg

Option 2 - 15 Maximum CLOSED
-Full Leather steering wheel
-List price $449
-Group Buy Price: $350 Shipped + CA tax if applicable
-Available in white, red, orange, yellow, gray and dark blue stitching.
*Center stripe not available on this model*

1) Kona302
2) Jmart
3) Endokendel
4) Derklink
5) Torque124
6) Scoggy Doogan
7) Nordique14
8) esco11
9) wilddog
10) GTthree50
11) Skeester
12) Zach
13) fpa1974
14) Sccapri
15) Mkonrad

RS550_Mustang_steering_wheel_3.jpg
RS550_Mustang_steering_wheel_4.jpg

If you have more specific questions that I cannot answer feel free to contact DCTMS at their email [email protected]

Here is a link to my installation write-up if you want to see the process I went through and additional comparison photos next to the OEM Steering wheel.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/shelby-gt350-build-han-solo.10900/page-15

Last edited:

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Update:

Spoke to DCTMS and they are awaiting confirmation on their materials supply before sending any invoices. They are producing a whole new wheel design and DO NOT need a core. They want to be sure nobody is kept waiting or hits any delays once paid. Invoices should start flying out by end of October.

Will update more when I have it

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
DCTMS is now taking orders and sending invoices. Lead time is 45 days, but there are two carbon fiber versions available now. One is white, the other is yellow.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Got mine today. Beautiful. Now just have to find time and figure it out how to get it installed. thanks
50Deep
Congrats man! can you post up some photos of the steering wheel?

Installation is simple and mirrors the instructions from Ford Performance for the R wheel, and install videos on LMR. I also have a write up with photos in my build thread. Pretty simple and shouldn't take you more than an hour.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Quick Update:

Several steering wheels have already been paid for and shipped. DCTMS is going to start sending out invoices for the remaining folks in roughly 2 weeks. They want to get production rolling and then have them paid for so guys aren't out their money too long.

Those who ordered steering wheels with more than one color will see invoices a little sooner requesting a deposit. This is simply because if you back out before payment those custom colors will be difficult to offer to another customer. So watch out for those.

It looks like the group buy is going to reach its full mark pretty quick for option 1, and option 2 is not far behind. If It goes the way I think it will I am going to try and get DCTMS to increase the number allowed by a few, but not much.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
We hit our mark for option 1 and a bunch of invoices went out today! I got DCTMS to agree to bump the limit for that wheel up to 30. Still space for a few more.

Option 2 all leather folks should be seeing something soon as well. I am still waiting to hear difinitively about the gray stitching. If I do not hear today I will talk To them personally when I fly out to Vegas for SEMA on Wednesday

Please review your invoices closely to be sure your order is correct. If there has been any human error let me know or reply back to [email protected] to make corrections. I want everyone to be happy with what they receive and get what they paid for

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
UPDATE:

Group buy is closed, for option 1 and 2. Thanks to everyone who has participated. There is a small batch coming in to check for quality control, and then the rest will move into full production once we ensure everything is spot on. God DCTMS is taking the time to do that.

Good news is we have one wheel in stock at the group buy price that is up for sale for Black Friday. It passed QC and is a white stitching with white stripe carbon fiber model. Nobody ordered this combination so first person with $450 takes it!

1_B8_D1_F38_747_C_4_B87_BDD9_9_A70_E6395_D21.jpg
855_E35_E3_7_FE9_4_BD5_AFD8_3524_AF52_A0_CC.jpg

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Quick Update:
The first half of the leather steering wheel group buy shipped before Christmas, and the second half should be on its way out soon. A few of the steering wheels have been installed already with great feedback.
The carbon fiber models are getting close to shipping also. We should start seeing them ship within the next 2 weeks.
I appreciate everyone's patience, and please contact me with any questions.
Thank You,

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
We have had the majority of the group buy wheels shipped and received by customers. There are a few in stock and ready to ship wheels left at the group buy price, if any are interested send me a PM.

Carbon/Leather
Red stitching/white ring - 3
White stitching/white ring - 1

All Leather
Yellow stitching - 5
Blue stitching - 3
White stitching - 1
Red stitching - 3
Gray stitching- 1

DCTMS (1 of 2).jpgDCTMS Blue Stitching.jpgDCTMS Gray Stitching.jpgDCTMS White Carbon Installed.jpgDCTMS White on White resized.jpgDCTMS Yellow Carbon.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel