The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT 350 and 500 recalls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For possible catastrophic failure due to timing chains.
I posted in the S550 area as well. Since we have guys running these cars from all over (I'm thinking that guy in Germany) this needs to be passed around as much as possible.

*** Admin edit - adding the TSB attachment from Ford ***

Attachments

• R21B26BULLETIN.pdf
    274.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
My 2020 350R was built May 2020 so its in the right time frame but I had my dealership check and my car does not fall into the affected VINs. I also checked the tensioner myself and it is activated, thank goodness. Plenty of 8k+ rpm shifts in its history with me and all is well so far!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
North Carolina
Mine failed and I ended up getting the recall done. They had my car for about a week and few days. My car only had about 1544 miles on it so I ended up just driving it to the dealership. No timing issues or anything. Just took them a bit to get it all taken care of. They will change your oil and they will make a mess fyi. :(

I've probably put another 100 miles or so on it since and I don't see any leaks so I would say the issue is probably resolved.

Here are the parts they had to replace for the recall if anyone is interested:
1622574351279.png

Can't imagine what this would have cost out of pocket, lol.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
North Carolina
Did you mention the mess to the Dealership, as it might be messy, but we all know it can be cleaned up --- and that is the way you should have gotten it back.
I totally and completely agree. They should do a better job at cleaning these up after oil changes. I see plenty posts of messy oil changes with these cars so I wasn't entirely surprised.

I didn't see any oil underneath the car when I received it in the customer car receiving area. I also drove it maybe 100 ft to their parking lot and looked underneath again and it looked ok. When I got it home, did a quick wash and then it sat in my garage is when I saw a small puddle. I was mostly just happy I got the car back with a fairly clean interior and there was no scratches or dents. Its about a 45 min drive home including some traffic so I could call them the next day and made them aware of the mess but I also don't really want to drive back if I don't have to. 😅

As for cleaning up the mess, I've since taken my wood cribbing to elevate the car apart to use for other projects (wood is insanely $$$ right now) so I'll need to put something together to see how "bad" it actually is.

TMO Supporting Vendors