The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT 350 oil cooler hose questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello all?

Anybody gotten their oil cooler hoses replaced yet?

Opinions on visual inspection to confirm them good for track duty?

Thanks,

Jack

mattlqx

Mustangless
jsgalent said:
Hello all?

Anybody gotten their oil cooler hoses replaced yet?

Opinions on visual inspection to confirm them good for track duty?

Thanks,

Jack

A letter to dealers was just released today that parts are okay to order. They were not available prior. So nobody has this done yet, but will in the coming days. They're probably going to be visually the same if I had to guess, maybe they have 3 crimps instead of 2 or maybe they just crimped with more force.

b8f71198a5.jpg

Great news. I'll be calling my friendly neighborhood service director first thing in the morning. Appreciate the responses.

Service director called me to explain that these are limited availability parts. I'd need to visit the dealer to start the process so he could order the parts. I did and the service rep wrote down my vin and mileage and had me sign it.

Hope the rest of the process makes better sense!

jsgalent said:
Service director called me to explain that these are limited availability parts. I'd need to visit the dealer to start the process so he could order the parts. I did and the service rep wrote down my vin and mileage and had me sign it.

Hope the rest of the process makes better sense!
This is going to be hit and miss until the parts become widely available mid March.

My suggestion is to contact your dealer NOW and let them know you want the repair as soon as possible.

TMO Supporting Vendors